Shorai Battery Follow-up

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
Wow, the technical jargon is way over my head. :D

But my ST has now had it's Shorai for about a year, it's never been connected to a battery charger/Battery Tender, and the thing still works great.

Just a quick real-world update.

Ross Smith

Ross
Bike
1999 St1100
Installed a high endurance, (18 amp hour) Shorai in my 1100 this fall and got another 14 amp hour for a friend's 60th bday who has a Beemer. Will keep you folks posted as to how they work, but so far I'll tell ya I'm NOT EVER going to return to lead / acid again. I just can't believe the power that comes out of this little package. Considering the cost as well, you just can't beat the Shorai. The $120.00 or so for the 12 amp/hour Yuasa, (still a good battery) just can't compete against the $186.00 I paid for the 18 amp/hour Shorai.
For what it's worth, as of today both batteries continue to perform flawlessly. Both of us keep our bikes on tenders since we don't ride constantly and have farkles that draw power continuously. On mine it's an infinite charge rate limited to 2 amps max at 13.5 volts, (my own design).

STOC #
Wow, the technical jargon is way over my head. :D

But my ST has now had it's Shorai for about a year, it's never been connected to a battery charger/Battery Tender, and the thing still works great.

Just a quick real-world update.
LOL - same here!

All I can say for sure is my Shorai is a year and a half old, connected to a Tender, and continues to crank as strong as it did when it was new.

Top Bottom