Boots Sidi On-Road Boots-2,000 Mile Report

Bike
XMax 300
I bought a pair of Sidi On-Road Gore Tex boots at Speed's Cycle in Elkridge, Maryland in February for $269.00. I was surprised to find a shop that stocked a good selection of Sidi boots. I was able to try three different styles of Sidis in my size, before choosing the On Roads. I was dissatisfied with my two year old Diadoras which were falling apart. After 2,000 miles I find the Sidis are warmer, taller, far more supportive walking around, feel more protective, have grippier soles and I prefer the more secure velcro latches (four per boot) to the zipper and single velcro flap on the Diadoras.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the Sidis. Hope this information is useful to someone looking for new boots.

Tim
:biker:

Re: 2,000 Mile Report- Sidi On-Road Boots

Thanks for the report. I've been considering these boots too but haven't found them in stock, in my size, anywhere. I think Chapparral had 'em but not my size. I know NewEnough has them but boot sizing over the internet is not my cup of tea. :)

I'm glad they turned out to be a good boot for you, timblanch. They look well designed and made.

I'm also a satisfied Sido owner. Good support and great comfort!

John

Have a pair myself only a couple months old. Any particular treatment recommended to care for them?

I've owned my Sidi Vertebrae boots for about eight years--and they're still going strong.

I just bought a pair of Sidi Evo Air boots for summer riding, and they work as advertised--you can feel air coming into the top and outside of the boots.

I''ve been very satisfied with Sidi boots, and will probably never wear another brand on my feet.

I got my Sidi boots from NEWENOUGH.com. They have excellent service.

I have two pair of Sidis. Stradas for the winter & vertabraes for summer. I've tried on other boots but can't get the fit of the Sidis. I can wear these all day.

The stradas held up well in a crash too. Just a little ding in one toe. Glued it back & still wearin' 'em.

Larry

Re: 8,000 Mile Report- Sidi On-Road Boots

Guys, I'm now up to about 8,000 miles on my Sidis and they are now #1 on my list of all-time favorite motorcycle gear. These are just plain great boots.

They have edged ahead of my Gerbings and X-11.

Tim:biker:

Ordered a new pair from NewEnough and had them shipped to Taos and really glad I did. They fit, feel better and are more comfortable than any other boot I've owned. I just ended my 73xx mile trip and very happy with them. They weren't cheap, but feel they are worth the cost in comfort alone.

Have a pair myself only a couple months old. Any particular treatment recommended to care for them?

I use saddle soap to clean, some black polish when needed and some water repellant stuff on the outside so the leather does not get saturated when it rains.

60,000 mile report, Sidi On-Road boots: still very comfortable on and off the bike, still 100% waterproof on the bike (don't know about standing in 6" of water), still my favorite riding boots ever. Had 'em re-soled a year ago for $50 so I'm hoping to get another 50K out of them.

I purchased a new pair of Sidi On Road's a few weeks back. It was hard for me to drop so much money on a set of boots but if they protect me and keep me comfortable, I can live with the price.

So far, in the past two weekends of riding through "horse turd floater" and "frog drownin'" rains, my Sidis have stayed dry. Drier than any of my other gear. To this time, the only treatment to them was black boot polish and mink oil to keep them looking good and speed the break in process. They broke in surprisingly fast and are now very comfortable...a regular comfortable boot with better than regular qualities. I replaced the original foot beds with the gel-insert types and this has improved my long distance walking comfort. If they get to feeling loose after more break in time, I can re-insert the original foot beds under the gel soles to tighten up the fit. The only complaint that I could find with these boots is that regular foot moisture from sweat can collect and make your feet feel damp although the boot will remain dry from external water sources. Bottom line - good boots that are comfortable and waterproof.

I've found Nikwax footwear cleaning gel and Nikwax waterproofing wax for leather. These will be regular treatments for these boots to keep them in good shape. They are available at reasonable prices on Amazon.com

:slv13:

I have over 25,000 miles on my Sidi On Road Gortex boots. I love them. In addition to giving me great protection from the elements, they look and feel great. One note of caution. They do seem to run smaller than other boots. I usually wear a 42 (European) but needed a 43 in the Sidi. I don't know if others have had a similar experience, but you may want to keep that in mind if you intend to purchase a pair.

Back
Top Bottom