Simplified brake bleeding - Conventional method

Bike
ST1300 '08
I had the recall work done recently, replacing the rear brake line...

the rear brake is not what it used to be in terms of feel.

is there any reason to not just bleed the back brake?? or, do I need to do the entire system since they are linked?

just ordered the Motion Pro tool..

thanks -

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I had the recall work done recently, replacing the rear brake line...

the rear brake is not what it used to be in terms of feel.

is there any reason to not just bleed the back brake?? or, do I need to do the entire system since they are linked?

just ordered the Motion Pro tool..

thanks -
You can just bleed everything coming off the rear reservoir but, as you said, they are linked so that means the PCV, front calipers and rear calipers. Might as well do it all. One thing I missed the 1st time I did mine was when you do the front bleeder on the rear caliper, it helps to press the foot brake, open and close the bleeder, foo off the foot brake and repeat to force fluid through that area as just using the mighty vac doesn't pull in much fluid.

Fortunet 1

Fortunet1
Bike
06 ST 1300
Picture this....a squeeze type ketchup bottle....with clear tubing inserted through the squirt hole....and at the end of the tubing....a motion pro bleed tool....Its a beautiful thing :bow1:
I will witness to that ! Not only does it work just as fast as speed bleeders, but those coiled tubes that are always annoyingly causing containers to tip over......well the tube fits so tight in the clear ketchup
bottle that when it tips over....NOTHING spills ! My brakes are so factory new and rock hard now, I thought I was on a different bike. I will be purchasing that Motion Pro one way valve ASAP.

Top Bottom