Sirius Stiletto

I'd like to piggy back on this one - I am considering same. If no one has any ideas for us STScott let's you and I maybe use the ol' two heads are better than one trick and see if we can rig something up and then post it. Given the popularity of the Stiletto's I can't see someone else not wanting to do this.

My concerns about the car kit are that it doesn't hold the radio in securely. I have been unsuccessful in finding a ram mount or similar for the Stiletto.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
I have an S50 not the newer Stiletto but the mounting could be very similar. I haven't hooked up the S50 on the new ST yet, but I did try it in the trunk of my GL1800A. Problem was even the smallest bump would "disconnect" the S50 from the car mount and the radio would stop working.
At Americade I saw another GL1800 that had a S50 mounted on the handlebars using the car kit mounted to the standard flat round RAM mount.
I asked the rider how he kept the radio from popping off the car kit and he showed me his home made retainer. He made a stainless steel "strap", about an inch wide with a curve at the top the matched the profile of the top of the S50. The bottom of the strap matched the profile of the bottom of the car kit. With the S50 in place he would install the strap by sliding the bottom on, the strap went up behind the S50 and then with a little bending it snapped over the top of the S50 keeping it in place.

Pretty slick and simple idea that looks like it would work pretty well. Haven't tried it yet and I'm still concerned about water, I get caught in the rain alot.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Ziploc makes an excellent line of products for protecting your radio in the rain. :)

--Mark

OP
OP
STScott
I have sent an email to Larry of "MotorCycle Larry" fame to see if any of his products would work. I will let y'all know what I learn.

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
I use the small and cheap Sirius InV mounted on a Ram-Mount with a small cell phone holder. The 1 foot long antenna goes on a mini-shelf made by Turbocity. The radio is connected to my Starcom1 Advance in my tankbag. Here's a pic...

Attachments

Top Bottom