Sold My ST1300 Today

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
For the past two years, I've been here on the message board learning a ton of stuff about my ST and meeting some really nice folks. But I decided this year to move back to the cruiser world. Today a nice fellow from northern Iowa drove 7 hours down here to southern Missouri and loaded my beautiful blue 04 ST into his trailer and headed back to Iowa.

I'm really a cruiser rider at heart and I recently purchased an 05 Honda VTX 1800S with only 4900 miles and a boatload of aftermarket extras. I even came out a little ahead on the trade of bikes.

Anyway, I probably won't be here on the board as much and want to say THANKS to everyone for being so nice and helping me learn a ton about the ST and the sport/touring world. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.:04biker:

BTW, here's a pic of my new ride.

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Don't be a stranger, you know we don't care what you ride.

Nice looking bike, all that matters is you find one that works for you.

Silver Bullet

Retired
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
Congrats on your new ride,and at least you stayed true to the brand and still with Honda . Can,t knock you for that ! Good luck and good riding on your big twin !

:slv13: MIKE

STOC #
It's not what you ride, it's that you ride. There's a bike for every butt, all that matters is that you're riding and enjoying it! I do like the VTX, congrats on a great lookin ride.

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800
Been there, done that! Loved the VTX and miss my little viXen -- but the miSTress was just too alluring!

STill STylin

Red is ALWAYS faSTer
Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
Hope you do hang 'round . . . .

I well underSTand "Chrome Fever" - and from the looks of your neweST ride you'll be kept plenty busy both before and after each ride keeping all that chrome clean.

Please let me know when your polishing skill level rises to the point of wanting to take a cross-country hop. I'm willing to learn a thing-or-two about the right way to clean a motorcycle.

Oh! . . . . and as for lunch . . . . that'll be on me!

Jokes aside - I hope you enjoy your new ride. After all isn't "enjoyment" why all of us ride?

Thank you,

Bike
Honda ST1300
I also recently sold my ST1300 and I will most likely not be around much. I got a lot of enjoyment out of the bike, but in the end, it was just too hot in the summer, too top heavy, and too heavy in general. (Dropped it 3 times) But the heat was the deciding factor. I'm looking for something lighter like a FZ1. Too bad Honda doesn't sell the new 1000 in the US. I might be their first customer. This is just what I am looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBF1000

Top Bottom