solid vendor on the East Coast for ST1300 parts?

I live in Florida and have been buying from Ron Ayers at the recommendation of a good guy on here. They always have what I need in stock and the prices are fair, but they are SLOW. I'm 10 days into an order now and they haven't even shipped.

Do you folks know of any East Coast parts shops that I can try as an alternative?

Thank you.

PhotoDoctor

Tampa Mike
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100/ST1300/Norton
I use Southern Honda out of Tennessee for larger orders and any of the local Honda dealers for small stuff so that shipping is not an added expense.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I live in Florida and have been buying from Ron Ayers at the recommendation of a good guy on here. They always have what I need in stock and the prices are fair, but they are SLOW. I'm 10 days into an order now and they haven't even shipped.

Do you folks know of any East Coast parts shops that I can try as an alternative?

Thank you.
Just curious as to how your ordering from RA?
Are you calling and talking to a parts counter kid, or using the on-line shopping cart?
I've never had to wait more than 10 days to have parts in hand, even on back ordered stuff.
Wondering if COVID is catching up with them, and stuff is sitting in shipping containers at some loading dock now?
South Sound Honda (Hondabike.com) is another one, but that is in Washington State and probably too far from you.
Good luck.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Have you tried a local Honda dealer? My local dealer usually gets parts in two or three days. I've bought enough stuff from them that I no longer have to give them my credit card number over the phone (well, I've not tested by buying anything expensive) and they just order it and call me when it is in. I've found the discount for online is sometimes not worth the wait of a couple of weeks. If the part is not in stock at the warehouse, your local dealer will tell you (just in case, ASK) when you place the order.

If we all order online, what will we do when the dealers no longer stock parts for sale to the general public? (Yes, I know it sometimes seems that they have NO inventory of parts.)

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Partzilla has been my go to for oem motorcycle parts shipped to Canada. Ron Ayers prices are usually better, but shipping costs usually hurts the total cost for me.
Never had issues with either of these two sellers. I'm sure Covid has made the delivery process slower.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obo

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Have you tried a local Honda dealer? My local dealer usually gets parts in two or three days. I've bought enough stuff from them that I no longer have to give them my credit card number over the phone (well, I've not tested by buying anything expensive) and they just order it and call me when it is in. I've found the discount for online is sometimes not worth the wait of a couple of weeks. If the part is not in stock at the warehouse, your local dealer will tell you (just in case, ASK) when you place the order.

If we all order online, what will we do when the dealers no longer stock parts for sale to the general public? (Yes, I know it sometimes seems that they have NO inventory of parts.)
99% of dealers do NOT stock parts anymore, but simply have stuff drop shipped from their on line order etc.
This way there is no inventory, storage, of theft by employees to worry about.
Many dealerships order from places just like us, however, they do such a volume of orders, they get the stuff faster than normal folks ;)
The problem with dealerships in my area, is they order stuff on line, double the price, add shipping, then add tax etc.
One dealer even tried to charge shipping for 5 different items, in the same order, claiming they had to source them from five different bins :rofl1:

Bike
2010 ST1300
The problem with dealerships in my area, is they order stuff on line, double the price, add shipping, then add tax etc.
That local dealer that I had problems with and have written about in other threads has been cheaper than online places for Honda snowblower parts. Go figure. No charge for shipping. Parts in under a week. And they do have stock on hand for consumables and popular fasteners. I don't particularly like them, think they screwed me, but I do have to give them credit where it is due. Rumor has it another dealership might buy their BMW franchise from them.

OP
OP
Just curious as to how your ordering from RA?
Are you calling and talking to a parts counter kid, or using the on-line shopping cart?
I've never had to wait more than 10 days to have parts in hand, even on back ordered stuff.
Wondering if COVID is catching up with them, and stuff is sitting in shipping containers at some loading dock now?
South Sound Honda (Hondabike.com) is another one, but that is in Washington State and probably too far from you.
Good luck.
I've been ordering through their web page. I love the way it works and being able to see the part in the parts blowup diagram is great. Again, I like them, it's just that the last few orders have taken a while. I ordered 2 coils and the spark plug cables on 9/8 and they still haven't shipped. I guess maybe they don't have some of the parts in stock themselves.

Ive used Ocean County online, great pricing but covid and growth have altered once good service. Partszilla has gone downhill as stock supplies dwindle. Most everything seems on BO.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
There seems to be a growing lack of stock at the online vendors now as well. I just order parts from my local Honda dealer. If it is not in stock, whether I wait for them to get it in or wait for an online vendor to get it, or wait for them to ship it if they have it, is waiting either way. If you have a Honda dealer in your area, there is never a shipping charge for parts from the Honda dealer, so often I find the total price comparable.

V4 Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300A4P

Is the US operation of David Silver Spares who are a very reliable mail order Spares operation in the UK.

They also stock a large catalogue of NoS back catalogue spare parts

aniwack

Site Supporter
Bike
05A/07A/09PA
STOC #
I’m a regular with RA with a very sizable order history with them. Allen has my cellphone number when I place orders. That being said we’ve had long conversations about how the Honda warehouses are STRUGGLING to get ANYTHING out of Japan. They’ve still got open orders dating back to the beginning of the year.
I normally get orders within 48 hours of placing but since June it’s been a struggle to get random items in under a week. I was doing a fork set and they had everything but the inner seals. I ended up getting them from Partzilla.
So I use RA and Partzilla. My local dealer marks up 30% on the micro fish price.

OP
OP
Well, they shipped yesterday. 11 days to ship. I just guess it's par for the course with todays supply chain problems.

Thank you for all the alternatives!

Top Bottom