Some Dual Sport Riding

Wes

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300, DRZ400S
Since adding the Suzuki DRZ400S, I have really been enjoying learning to ride off road, and especially in Florida sand! LOL! I do still get out on the ST, but I’ve missed riding to some STOC events this year. I hope 2021 will bring back more of those opportunities!

if you’re interested, here Is some video from last week’s Dual sport ride.

Blessings to all!

Eglin Reservation Dual Sport - Choctaw East

Great to hear from you Wes and glad you are getting in some riding. I learned to ride in the sandy pine woods of the reservation, often running away from APs in blue Chevy pick up trucks because we were in restricted areas.

Thanks for the vid Wes! Me and the wife were down at Ft Walton Beach last weekend. Love that sugar white sand on the pan handle!

Reactions: Wes
Riding in between the trees with mirrors? They won't last long. Where's the hill climbs?

Riding in between the trees with mirrors? They won't last long. Where's the hill climbs?
Hills? Have you been to Florida? LOL! Actually, we do have more than many people think, just not many!

Great to hear from you Wes and glad you are getting in some riding. I learned to ride in the sandy pine woods of the reservation, often running away from APs in blue Chevy pick up trucks because we were in restricted areas.
What? You, riding in restricted areas? I’m not fast enough to do that! I did get questioned last time I was up at Speck Pond in Choctaw North because my bike resembled one they had been chasing in a restricted area. Does that count?

I got a KLR and really enjoy it on gravel. I've had it in some serious rocks, too. I learned I really, really, like off road...

So, today, I heat cycled my brand new 2021 YZ 250fx. Slapped the go pro on for the last bit but lost most of it due to low light.

I got a KLR and really enjoy it on gravel. I've had it in some serious rocks, too. I learned I really, really, like off road...

So, today, I heat cycled my brand new 2021 YZ 250fx. Slapped the go pro on for the last bit but lost most of it due to low light.

The more off road, or seldom traveled washed out forest roads on the Eglin Reservation and in the Blackwater River State Forest I ride, the more I enjoy it!!! I'll always love the ST, but the DRZ is a blast!

I'm sure I smelled a large covey of quail in the 2:30 to 2:40 min area.

Back
Top Bottom