Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Finally saw the new Moto-Guzzi V100 Mandello in the flesh (and in red!) -

Day05035.jpg

The owner had several previous Guzzis and had about 2,000 miles on this one.
He had the center stand option and said that you can also get the top box for it.
I also ask him about the 'wings' and he said they work 'as advertised'.
Nice looking machine for sure!

Last edited:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Yes it is!!!

I was looking very closely at one. They had 3 different models (paint and the suspension on the green and silver Sport model). But the saddle bags and the top box didn't come with it. They would have to order them. From Italy. Months wait. I told the salesman to tell the "boss" you lost a sale over not having luggage on hand.

MG V100-3  Mandello .jpg

Bike
82 VF750S Sabre
Looks good, but I think it might need a serious fender extension.

My first MC was an '81 Honda GL 500, and have always thought highly of the transverse V twin.

Distance to a Honda dealer is 35 miles and that is a small store. Next closest is 65 miles. A Guzzi dealer??? farther than I would want to drive. Plus I need to get the Sabre running.

Neal

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Will your dealer work on your Sabre? Doesn't matter, most won't work on our bikes? Most of us order parts on line. Does it matter what the name on the parts label is?

I found a Guzzi dealer about 20 miles from my house. Didn't know they were there.

Ok Uncle Phil, since you are one of our "famous long time members" and I live in Muskegon (where the Lake Express Ferry docks) I have to ask: What were you doing traveling on the ferry? Since we all know how much you like to ride I can only guess you were trying to avoid the craziness called Chicago, Illinois on your travels to parts unknown! I have to confess I haven't taken the Lake Express Ferry yet but have taken the slower Badger across to Wisconsin once.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Ok Uncle Phil, since you are one of our "famous long time members" and I live in Muskegon (where the Lake Express Ferry docks) I have to ask: What were you doing traveling on the ferry? Since we all know how much you like to ride I can only guess you were trying to avoid the craziness called Chicago, Illinois on your travels to parts unknown! I have to confess I haven't taken the Lake Express Ferry yet but have taken the slower Badger across to Wisconsin once.
One reason was to avoid Chicrazy but to also reduce the miles since I was still recovering from my Yukon get-off.
Also since I was headed to New Brunswick, it made the route more of a straight line if I cut across Canada.
Also, I'd never taken a Great Lakes ferry so I wanted that experience. :biggrin:
It's sort of like when I did the 'Chunnel' once coming back from my Alps trip - never done it and wanted that experience. ;)

Bike
82 VF750S Sabre
Will your dealer work on your Sabre? Doesn't matter, most won't work on our bikes? Most of us order parts on line. Does it matter what the name on the parts label is?
TI have no idea if they would. The last time was 16 years ago, and that dealer closed in the interim. And I had to wait at least a month after I called. I am not disillusioned that any would work on it now. And since then, I bought a service manual. Parts issue would be the only thing, and online ordering would work for the still available parts. So having a local dealer may not be a drawback. But for no more than I rode after that last trip to the dealer, buying a new MC would not make sense.

Neal

randalicious

Seasoned M/C Rider
Bike
'07 ST1300
. . . And since then, I bought a service manual. Parts issue would be the only thing, and online ordering would work for the still available parts. So having a local dealer may not be a drawback.
Neal
You might go over to http://v4hondabbs.com/ and strike up some interest in buying parts from someone there. Having the service manual is a great help for figuring things out.
I see that you have been a long-time member at V4HondaBBS, as was I. I'm ex-'80 CX500, ex-'83 VF750S, and ex- 2007 ST1300. If you can get some conversations started, there may be members who have parts they need to get rid of, to get more garage/storage space, like I did.
I'm no longer V4-active, but keep an eye on the postings. A stroke will take you off your bike for the rest of your life, so don't have one. ;)
I've had dreams that I was riding the Sabre and how remarkably smooth the motor and the acceleration was. That was a special bike for me.

Bike
82 VF750S Sabre
You might go over to http://v4hondabbs.com/ and strike ... ;)
I've had dreams that I was riding the Sabre and how remarkably smooth the motor and the acceleration was. That was a special bike for me.
I have been on that forum for quite a while and recognize your handle from there. Sorry that you had to give up riding. I sort of did that when the radiator decided to leak steam on one of the coils. Then I had some similar issues and have not been motivated to work on it.

Neal

randalicious

Seasoned M/C Rider
Bike
'07 ST1300
I have been on that forum for quite a while and recognize your handle from there. Sorry that you had to give up riding. I sort of did that when the radiator decided to leak steam on one of the coils. Then I had some similar issues and have not been motivated to work on it.
Neal
I think that there are long periods of "post drought," on V4HondaBBS, when almost nobody posts or updates. But, it seems like once a few posts are active, more members log in to reply or comment. Maybe the secret is to keep your post active and encourage others to converse, not just comment.
I believe in magic, . . . .

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
I sat on one and it reminded me of the new Suzuki 1000, I was quite cramped. A major reason I went with the V85 TT.

Greg

Bike
KTM 890 ADV NC750X
2024 Miles
STOC #
Uncle Phil,

Lake Express is out of Milwaukee. You should have let me know and we could have met at Fulton for a dog or I could have come to Milwaukee and said HI. Ow well next time.
That Guzzi is a sharp bike. Not sure I'm ready for a Guzzi yet

Top Bottom