spec for UK Police shock?

spec for (UK?) Police shock?

just wanted to know if anyone knew the specification for the police shock?

need a heavier spring for the rear and struggling to find any European companies that will just sell a straight rate spring! shipping from the USA makes it an expensive option although if I end up going for the full Racetech kit then I will get the spring at the same time

was thinking that the spring in the police spec shock may well be heavier than standard and they come up every now and again so it may be an option in the short term assuming they were interchangeable onto my shock.

the standard is I believe 900lb/in

any ideas what the rate is for the ST1300PA, part number is 52400-MCS-A31 - CUSHION ASSY., RR.

although they look similar I have not seen one so they may be completely different

OP
OP
Re: spec for (UK?) Police shock?

well after a bit more digging it looks like the ST1300 PA shock has an extra coil or 2 on the spring but trying to compare images and estimate the coil thicknesses is difficult.

although it looks like it may be a heavier gauge wire it could just be the angle of the picture.

more coils would make the spring softer - which seems wrong to me

has anyone one here riden both normal and police spec to be able to give any indication?

I may end up buying a shock just to see as so far its at least an option - the shock body looks identical so the spring might just fit.

Bike
ST1300 Sept2008
From memory when the Police sold their ST1300 they replaced the suspension back to standard. That might seem a bit of a pointer to some of the problems they had with some of their ST1300.

Top Bottom