Speedometer Stopped Working!

Louie Louie

While riding today I noticed the gauge needle wasn't moving to indicate speed. It stays at 0. GPS helps, but what could possibly be wrong?
Thank You

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
@Duke: The 1100 is cable driven off the front wheel, but the 1300 is electronically pulse driven from a speed sensor on the side of the engine block.

Louie, I'm not much help, but do wonder if the odometer is still logging miles? And the dash MPG meter is still working? If yes, the speed signal is getting to the gage cluster and isn't the sensor or wiring up to the gage cluster.
:shrug1:

OP
OP

Louie Louie

@Duke: The 1100 is cable driven off the front wheel, but the 1300 is electronically pulse driven from a speed sensor on the side of the engine block.

Louie, I'm not much help, but do wonder if the odometer is still logging miles? And the dash MPG meter is still working? If yes, the speed signal is getting to the gage cluster and isn't the sensor or wiring up to the gage cluster.
:shrug1:
Thanks , is it an easy fix? Or does it require a stealer. I do have an extended warranty.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Sounds like the speed sensor. There are threads on the site that address' how to replace it. Oil change and sensor replacement, a afternoon of your time. I think IGOFAR may have figured out the process

Top Bottom