Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Nice article . . . interesting.

So, what is "leaning ABS?" I'm not familiar with that.

Shuey

So, what is "leaning ABS?" I'm not familiar with that
We have a MB and Jag with that, but it's called "traction control" ... imagine this. You're in your car and enter into a sharp curve ... the car will disengage the throttle and possibly apply some braking to reduce the possible loss of control.

Same tech for a bike .... limiting throttle and brake pressure based on lean angle, speed, and calculated traction available.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I like the last sentence. It's your money, and your call.
Lots of good bikes out there. Find what works for you.

Still lots of good low mileage ST1300s out there too for a heck of a lot less! :bl13:
You’ve got that right! A used ST is the most overlooked, underrated best for the money sports touring bike out there. If I was going to spend over 20k I would buy a new Goldwing.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
It's just me but first– no chain drive for me. Next I don't like the looks of any of them compared to the ST. Then the FJR and Connie are the cheapest at ~$18.5K. That's more than I'd pay for an s-t now and I'd look real hard for an NIB/NOS ST. Failing that a well cared for previously-owned ST. Or something smaller maybe. But none of those bikes interest me anywhere near enough to own one.

Of course since I'm more s-t´ than-t maybe I'd bomb my quads and get an ST1800.

OP
OP
STrep
Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
Interesting to have the KTM's Super Duke as a comparison bike. Perhaps the Ducati Multistrada and/or Motto Guzzi Norge would have been a better fit.

Bike
VStrom 650

So, what is "leaning ABS?" I'm not familiar with that.

Shuey
Leaning ABS, more commonly referred to as cornering ABS basically does to the front wheel what Traction Control does to the rear. It will help prevent the front wheel tucking under during braking and cornering. It is basically where ABS is going for bikes. Commonly and maybe only manufactured or licensed by Bosch.
Upt'North.

Top Bottom