SS3K

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
Three of us did an IBA SS3K. It was my first, Mark's second and Eddie's third.
We met in DeKalb, IL and started the next morning. Basically, we rode out to Cheyenne, and then went north to Buffalo, WY on Day 1.

On Day 2 went up to Billings, went west to Bozeman, MT and got a turn-around receipt. Then we went east to Jamestown, SD.

On Day 3 we continued east to Fargo, then went south to Sioux Falls, then east to Tomah, WI and then went south to Loves Park, IL and ended the ride there after 3,011 miles in < 67 hour.

My old '98 ST1100 clicked over 100K miles on this ride and ran great. Eddie was on a Suzuki VStrom and Mark on a BMW K1600GA. We saw a bunch of mule deer on Day 1 between Casper & Buffalo after dark. It was darn windy between Billings & Bozeman - both ways.

Attached is our Plan. We followed it pretty close. And attached is a bad pic of the three of us at the end of the ride.

The toughest part of the trip for me was riding home 300 miles the day after the ride.

3 Amigos.JPG

Attachments

Bike
07 ST 1300 A
Outstanding. I came close twice, but that only counts in horse shoes. I did a SS2k years ago riding from Maryland to Washington state. The bummer was the day after when it dawned on me I only had about 150 miles to go for a SS3k and I had 10 hours to do it! Bad planning on my part, dumb mistake not to realize it sooner. you on the other hand did a great job mapping out your route and sticking to it.

Congratulations.
Terry

Top Bottom