ST/ CTX Cruise Control? Not yet...

Bike
2010 ST 1300
STOC #
I see our magnificent ST has been dropped from Honda's model lineup for 2014 but still lives on in the form of the CTX. Personally, I don't like the bulbous nose piece or the detuned engine of the CTX but the unmistakable V-4 peeking out from the frame caught my eye. I began wondering if Honda added "fly-by-wire" cruise control to this new model. My plan was to order that system and incorporate it into my 2010 ST. My wife's 2005 ST has a Rostra speed control which works fine but the switch mounting places are awkward and look "kludged-in" for lack of a better term. I was hoping Honda did a nice retool of the right grip and included cruise control switches which could be ordered for my ST. Nope. Not available. Dang! Just returned from a 2400 mile trip and while the Throttlemeister is fine for a bit, it does allow the bike to slow on hills or in wind and speed up downhill. Wife likes me to lead but says in my Scala, "You're slowing down..." or "You're speeding up"... Gets to ya after a while, ya know? Lol!

Take a look at the Rostra Cruise article in the Cruise Control section. Myself and a few others have put on Gold Wing controls in place of the Rostra switches. Looks like it came from the factory.

I see our magnificent ST has been dropped from Honda's model lineup for 2014 but still lives on in the form of the CTX.

The ST is still in production; they just aren't importing any 2014s other than P models into the U.S.. The CTX is not the replacement. The greasy spot where that dead horse used to be is here. :BDH:

I was hoping Honda did a nice retool of the right grip and included cruise control switches which could be ordered for my ST. Nope. Not available.

Cruise isn't even an option on the CTX. I wouldn't expect to see it on any model they sell in the U.S. other than the Gold Wing.

If you want additional built-in switches for your ST, install the police right-hand control pod.

--Mark

Back
Top Bottom