ST1100-Body

Bike
1997 Honda ST1100
Re: mirrors

Has anyone been able to find just the replacement glass? The bike fell and broke off the top of the right mirror housing including the top stud that holds it to the body.

I think I found the housing here: ST1100 Right Side housing

But the glass is completely broken.

Here's the entire assembly: Right Side Mirror Assy

I realize this is a Europe seller and it could take a month to receive. Has anyone ordered from this provider?

I'm pretty sure the Pan European models have the same parts.... yes?

Mark

Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
I would at least check with local glass shops, I replaced a mirror on a old car once, they were able to cut glass for next to nothing cost

OP
OP
MrTaylor97
Bike
1997 Honda ST1100
Isn't the glass on these bikes slightly concave for a wide view vs what you'd find on an old car?

I would at least check with local glass shops, I replaced a mirror on a old car once, they were able to cut glass for next to nothing cost

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I realize this is a Europe seller and it could take a month to receive. Has anyone ordered from this provider?

I bought a head light housing from them and it was on my door step the 3rd day after ordering (air freight). Well packaged.

Someone found an after market replacement mirror that was concave. Maybe Uncle Phil???

Most parts are the same, just different colors.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Isn't the glass on these bikes slightly concave for a wide view vs what you'd find on an old car?
yes, AFAIK its not a standard flat mirror. Mine broke in a crash and I did a temp fix by putting a regular mirror piece in the housing and it didn't look the same. Probably better than no mirror at all, but not the same as stock.

OP
OP
MrTaylor97
Bike
1997 Honda ST1100
I bought a head light housing from them and it was on my door step the 3rd day after ordering (air freight). Well packaged.

Someone found an after market replacement mirror that was concave. Maybe Uncle Phil???

I appreciate that info. Have you ever tried to call them? Do they speak good English?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrTaylor97
Bike
1997 Honda ST1100
I'm gonna spend a day going to the bike shops and auto glass places. Thanks for the suggestion.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Re: mirrors

Has anyone been able to find just the replacement glass? The bike fell and broke off the top of the right mirror housing including the top stud that holds it to the body.

I think I found the housing here: ST1100 Right Side housing

But the glass is completely broken.

Here's the entire assembly: Right Side Mirror Assy

Mark

I also ordered a headlight from Boonstra and was shocked to see it on the doorstep 4 days later. Never spoke on the phone, just a click click internet transaction. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
OP
OP
MrTaylor97
Bike
1997 Honda ST1100
I've order some replacement glass for the ST1100 mirrors from here -

Exterior Mirrors Glass Replacement Glass Motorcycle Honda Pan European ST1100 Li SPH | eBay

I have not gotten around to installing them in the Honda frames but they look like they are a perfect fit and are the proper shape.
That is a great find! For now, so I can get back on the road, I paid for a local glass shop to make a FLAT mirror.

Now, I need to watch a bunch of YouTube videos and learn how to weld/repair ABS plastic. I also need to find glue, etc. I'm gonna try to repair the housing myself. This was something I should have learned how to do a long time ago.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

OP
OP
MrTaylor97
Bike
1997 Honda ST1100

I did contact the "motorcycle breaker" in The Netherlands named "Boonstra Parts". They were quick to respond and said shipping time is only 4 to 5 business days.

Top Bottom