ST1100 Carb Rebuild

Ok now I've really done it, I broke the carbs down to individual bodies and started vatting them in Berrymans Carb Cleaner!! What is the best source for a carb kit? O rings, rubber gaskets, and maybe new slow speed jets. I found Keyster Carb Kits made in Japan, are these good?

Bike
R1200rt
I found Keyster Carb Kits made in Japan, are these good?
the st was made in japan :rofl1:
don't soak them too long ,." If you use this product and have an aluminum-based carburetor (which is quite common), please limit soak times to 30-60 minutes per dip with a maximum total soak time of 4 hours."

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Just clean the OEM jets with something soft like plastic broom bristles. There's normally no reason to replace jets. It's probably fine to buy the kit for the gaskets and o-rings but I'd first look for the Honda parts.

PhotoDoctor

Tampa Mike
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100/ST1300/Norton
Wow, it's a task to get those all back together. Most of the time float bowl gaskets are all that I need to replace. Everything else cleans up nicely. But since you have it all apart new O-rings on the fuel tubes would be good.

here is a good thread on rebuilding the carbs: carb rebuild

Good luck - I'll keep my eye on this thread. Good luck and keep us posted.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I haven't heard about it in a while so I don't know if the business is still operating. I actually think that he may have closed the business but try looking up Billy's Out Back. If he is still operating, he specializes in Honda V4 carburetors. He will do the work or sell you the parts kits. He will also answer your questions. Bonus for you- he is in Texas.

PhotoDoctor

Tampa Mike
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100/ST1300/Norton
Billy out Back - is on Facebook and looks like he is still has lot's of business.

jdmccright

Vendor
Bike
2000 ST1100
Nice to know. I actually have an extra set of carbs that have sat in a box for a few years needing a rebuild. Actually shipped them from the UK they were cheap enough. I should reach out to him. Thanks!

OP
OP
jminnick
Update:
Carbs cleaned and reassembled using Keyster kit KH-1510, this includes #128 main jets and #40 slow jets. Beware this kit does not have proper size O-Rings for cross over tubes and they are no longer available from Honda! The original O-Rings were in good condition so no choice but to reuse them. Carburetors now reassembled and installed and synchronized with new Digi Sync Tool, the ST now running better than ever!
So now for the back story: 2018 Purchased 2002 ST with 25k miles, pulled carbs to install cruise control and replace all coolant hoses. Cleaned carbs and reassembled,
1st mistake the Pilot Screws were misadjusted to lean.
2nd mistake the choke valve cross over rod was out of adjustment allowing one bank to be leaner than other side when engaged on cold start.
The ST was hard to start cold but seemed ok once warmed up so I ignored the problem until it became worse and this year it began to run horrible, so off comes the carbs and now I have a new ST again, Yay!!

Top Bottom