St1100 exhaust upgrade?

Bike
2005 ST1300ABS
Ok I love how quiet my ST is, have been recently wishing it sounded just a little more like a motorcycle than a sewing machine. Am I crazy for thinking this? Not loud, but just a little more "throaty". (If that's a word). In any event looking for any recommendations on exhaust upgrades for my 1991 ST. Any takers? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Bike
1998 ST 1100
It's the kid in me I guess, but I like to hear the exhaust note. I got a pair of Staintune pipes. They have easy access to change between childish and more a adult mode with a single screw. Not that I ever get out of adolescence.

I think they're brilliant. I like to think this V4 is worth showing off sometimes.
Ian

Bike
1994 ST1100
I've installed a set of Dulkevic tri- oval pipes from eBay. I love how they sound, it's exactly what you're describing and just can't wait until it gets warmer so I can hear them on the road.

Mark

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Be aware that some, if not all, aftermarket pipes will not allow the easy access to the axle nut that Honda engineers so thoughtfully provided, making wheel removals a bit more work.

Bike
1994 ST1100
Be aware that some, if not all, aftermarket pipes will not allow the easy access to the axle nut that Honda engineers so thoughtfully provided, making wheel removals a bit more work.
That's correct. My new Delkevic has to be removed in order to take rear wheel off, but there's a clamp right before muffler so you take out just muffler but none of the elbows. It's only one Alan head screw which on the other hand gives me more room along swingarm.

Mark

OP
OP
robofavo
Bike
2005 ST1300ABS
Ok, that's just the encouragement I was looking for...Winter in the upper Midwest has been pretty grueling, dreams of getting my ST out of Winter mothballs has kept me going...Thanks for the tips..much appreciated.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Be aware that some, if not all, aftermarket pipes will not allow the easy access to the axle nut...
+1...
And I actually like the stealth nature of the OEM setup... it probably spared me from receiving numerous 'performance awards' in the past years ;-)

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I ended up removing them. The low frequency of the pipes really bothered my ears even with ear plugs.
I can relate... threw the cans on my '92 out as their increased sound due rotted baffle plates drove me nuts during long hauls...

Top Bottom