ST1100 fork brace

H20SKIER

Bob
Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
Has anyone put one of the Motorcycle Larry fork braces on your 1100 and does it make a difference?? I'm considering one and just wanted some input. Thanks!!!!!

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
1st: if you have ABS I do not think you need one; check the size of the piece of metal under the front fender.

Don't know about MCL's if you give me a link to it I'll check it out.

I have a SuperBrace on mine and like it.

Mark

Bike
97 ST11/06 ST13A
STOC #
On the ST1100 non ABS it is a good idea and stiffens the front end nicely but other wise it is a waist of time in my opinion.
Bruce P

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
As long as you had your front end setup correctly when you put it on you're fine.
I had my front end setup wrong initially so when I put the brace on all I did was lock in the sticktion (sticky friction)... remember that after you put a tire on you have to loosen one set of the pinch bolts and bounce the front end up against something (while not using the brakes) to set the forks up right.

Mark

Bike
2010 ST1300
Which one did you end up getting?
This is an old thread, Mark posted that roughly 17 years ago (a day shy of 17). His last post was in October of 2023, so he is still around. You might try a PM to him... he will get an email notification. To Private Message, hover your cursor over his blue name under his avatar, click on start conversation and type away.....

BTW, MCL - motorcyclelarry is long since gone as a vendor. I'm not sure if anyone else is making fork braces for the ST1300s.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Which one did you end up getting? I only see one for the 1300--is it the same size, or did you go with one listed for another bike?

Thanks,
Christopher

SuperBrace I searched their site and see no reference to the ST1100 any longer only the ST1300.
Mark

Thanks for the heads up SMSW!

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
EDIT: Item claimed.

This may be the wrong place to add this in: A while back, I purchased via eBay a fork brace (MCL brand) that was supposed to be for the ST1100 (I wanted to place it on the 94 which never had one- my 2000 has a Superbrace branded brace)- anyway, the one I received is not usable by me (this issue is that with the ST1100 Superbrace, the underside of the brace is curved and the one I received is not, so I can’t use it on the 94 as it doesn’t clear the curvature of the fender. From some brief research, it appears on the ST1300 that the Superbrace is flat, as this brace is. I was at the point of tossing this brace that I have, but after reviewing this thread, I was wondering if anyone wants it for their ST1300. Here’s some pics:

IMG_3504.jpeg

IMG_3505.jpeg

IMG_3506.jpeg

It’s in decent shape, maybe a few minor scratches - it’ll be for free of course. I hate to throw away a useful part that may benefit someone. If you want it, PM me. Also, Joe, if you feel you want to move this to the ‘Free’ category, feel free to do so.

Attachments

Last edited:
Mine's a '91, so I'd need the original (I'm guessing curved) version. I know it's an old thread, thanks everyone who responded. I was originally searching fork swaps to see if anyone had found inverted larger diameter forks that were a good length and load bearing to firm up the front end, and this thread popped up. If you see anything, let me know!

Top Bottom