ST1100 Left Pocket Hard Cover

Bike
2001 ST1100A
STOC #
Anyone know of any sources for a hard cover for the left cowl pocket? Pretty sure I had one years ago on one of my previous ST's, I think I may have gotten it from Electrical Connection back then.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Anyone know of any sources for a hard cover for the left cowl pocket? Pretty sure I had one years ago on one of my previous ST's, I think I may have gotten it from Electrical Connection back then.
Never heard of one. I do run my usb out of the left pocket and have the flexible rubber cover. Never had a problem. if you see a guy on a red 11 with a patriots hat on this sept, it's probably me! Heading your way soon!

Bike
R1200rt
Someone advertised it here 3-4 years ago and when I bought it there were only a few left ( closeout special). Did not fit , had to grind the bageebers out of it to fit and had to put a lock on it. I have not seen one since.

jdmccright

Vendor
Bike
2000 ST1100
It's been on my list of parts to design and 3D print, but been too busy with other projects, orders, and printer upgrades.

Bike
VStrom 650
I don't know what your aims are but you could fit a hard plastic/metal layer on the back side of the existing cover.
Upt'North.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
"I'm not entire sure what my aims are yet, but that's a good idea."

Use the hard cover for switches or whatever fits. You won't have to worry about drilling expensive parts. Cheaper to replace it with new (until there all gone).

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
One was installed on my ST11 when I bought it used in 2009. The cover was cut out and had a single-disk JBL CD player mounted vertically.

OP
OP
joebiker86
Bike
2001 ST1100A
STOC #
On my previous GL1800 I surface mounted a dual USB-12v marine mount on the panel on the right side of the fairing which worked well. I want to keep the locking panel on the right side of the ST free for quick storage. Right now I'm planning on mounting a USB port in the left pocket, but I'd rather mount it "on" the cover.

Top Bottom