ST1100 Passenger Arm Rests

I am planning on a 800 - 900km ride this Saturday to changeover a trailer with a mate and also just to have a ride. As it is still school holidays here my 10 year old boy asked if he could come for a ride. No problems with that, but SWMBO is worried about him falling asleep on the return trip.

So I hunted around at work and found a pair of these that I had taken off a chair I use:

And then I did this with them:

Bolted them on here:

And then the other one:

And now the little bugger is sitting like a king:

The total time was about an hour on the grinder and about ten minutes to bolt them on, and then fit the seat.

Personally I reckon she just wants a more comfortable ride when she finally gets on the bike. :D

OP
OP
Tackleberry
The good thing about them Dave is that they are height adjustable. The position you see them in is down, so my boy can swing his legs over the height and then bring them up when he sits down. They are actually on the opposite sides they would be on the chair which changes the angle the project at. At this point they appear to be all good. This weekend will tell how they really work.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Bet it looks factory with the seat on. Great job of recycling, nearly a lost art in the US of A.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Now that was some great thinking to look at those old arms and say, Hey I could put those on my ST!! Nice work! :bow1:

:usflag1:

OP
OP
Tackleberry
My boy woke up this morning and jumped straight on and gave the handles a big thumbs up. He reckons they are very comfortable and he looks vey relaxed sitting there resting on the top box and arm rests.

Top Bottom