ST1100 phone mount and power

Bike
1999 ST1100
I am new to my 99 ST1100 after many years on BMW (Airheads and Oilheads). I use my cell phone as my GPS and have used RAM X-Mounts for years with good success. The ST1100 was the easiest install ever and the power solution did not require any splicing, power taps, or other modifications. The RAM-X is mounted with a standard clutch / brake lever ball mount and longer screws.

I took my Battery Tender lead and routed it forward from the battery and under the left side of the tank cover. I attached a tender lead extension and routed it up under the left side of the handlebar covers, leaving excess for handlebar movement and zip-tied the excess together under the air filer / tank "cover".

I then glued little rubber feet to a Batter Tender / USB charging port and zip-tied it to the top of my clutch master cylinder reservoir. A 6" USB cord plugs in the USB adapter and the other end into my phone.

When I park the bike in the garage I unplug the battery tender lead connection from the USB adapter and plug the battery tender in. Almost everything is invisible to the eye and the black USB adapter and short length of visible cable blend right in.

IMG_20200628_091839.jpg

IMG_20200628_091843.jpg

Top Bottom