ST1100 throttlemeister

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
I am thinking about putting a throttlemeister on my ST1100. I believe these are manually opreated and I was wondering what others have thought about these devices. Also They come in 2 different weights 12 and 16 oz. What are the pros and cons of the differnt weights.

Thanks.

Norm

Vendor
Bike
KLR650
STOC #
A throttle lock is a must on highway bikes, IMO. It's super useful for such things as changing gloves while riding, digging that bug out of the collar and so on. I seldom used mine for cruising as the ST gains too much speed on a slight downhill or other encouragment. The real answer is an electronic cruise control for maintaining speed on the highway. IMO the two devices are both needed but serve a different purpose. The Throttlemeister is a very attractive device as compared with the old lever type on my ST. Hoping to hear from users!

Of course setting the electronic cruise at the esitmated maximum speed for set of corners and letting it do its thing is also quite thrilling!

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I have used a TM on my '01 since '01 and find it is indispensable.
I know this because I don't have one on the '93.

I have the large ones, I think they match the original bar end weights.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I have a Break-Away. I like that it can be engaged and disengaged with the thumb. The CC goes on this off season.

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I've used the TM for the 7 or so years I've been back into cycling. I find it quitre useful.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I am thinking about putting a throttlemeister on my ST1100. I believe these are manually opreated and I was wondering what others have thought about these devices. Also They come in 2 different weights 12 and 16 oz. What are the pros and cons of the differnt weights.

Thanks.
Personally I didn't like the throttlemeister; others of course will have a different experience. First realize it's a throttle lock, not a cruise control. I prefer a cramp buster. They come to wide, which prevents one from gripping the throttle without the buster so I cut them in half. Also, until you get used to it, there is some danger of a jacket sleeve catching the device while not using it in traffic if it is not rotated out of the way.

John-

Top Bottom