St1300 Audiovox Cruise Control Troubleshooting

Bike
05 ST1300 Burgundy
STOC #
I have recently install the CCS-100 cruise on my 05 ST1300. I was wondering if any of you that have this could tell me what the lowest rpm the cruise will engage at.

MerlF

Chuck Welsh
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300AD 2013
I have recently install the CCS-100 cruise on my 05 ST1300. I was wondering if any of you that have this could tell me what the lowest rpm the cruise will engage at.
40km /hr

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
It should be whatever RPM holds sufficient vacuum for the solenoid to pull the throttle. Mine started tapering off a while back and won't even hold now at high speed whereas it used to be rock solid around 2000 rpm/74mph indicated on the interstate and all the way down to about 35mph indicated on the back highways going into town. Looked for a leak but so far haven't found the cause.

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
It could be the vacuum "servo" itself.
Agreed! I thought there was a write-up here (maybe it was on the old site) about taking apart the canister part of the unit and checking the valves. I had it apart far enough last time I was into the bike to look at the actuators but didn't want to break something trying to get the plastic tabs off to go in any deeper. There was something written about the material that mates to seal the servo having degraded, thus needing replacement but I couldn't tell where that was.

Not ready to give up on it just yet, because it does give an initial 'surge' when engaged; it just slowly tapers off from that point and no longer holds speed like it used to. Something is, and isn't working, I just haven't figured out what yet!

OP
OP
Tacoland
Bike
05 ST1300 Burgundy
STOC #
I just installed the Audiovox CCS-100 on my 05 ST1300. I can't get it to set. I think it might be the purple wire. I ran it to the back of the bike along with the red power wire. I did this to tap into my rear brake light circuit, thinking that it just needs a hot when the brake is applied. The red wire gets power from a relay circuit I installed to come on w the key. Any thoughts from wisdom well?

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I just installed the Audiovox CCS-100 on my 05 ST1300. I can't get it to set. I think it might be the purple wire. I ran it to the back of the bike along with the red power wire. I did this to tap into my rear brake light circuit, thinking that it just needs a hot when the brake is applied. The red wire gets power from a relay circuit I installed to come on w the key. Any thoughts from wisdom well?
If you’re running LED brake lights, it won’t set. It has to sense a working brake light, through the filament to ground.

Also, there is a troubleshooting LED on the circuit board inside the servo, under the cover where the wires enter.

John

OP
OP
Tacoland
Bike
05 ST1300 Burgundy
STOC #
I am running LED brake bulb replacements. I have installed a SPDT relay like the Murphy's setup to trick the system. I have been trying to find a more comprehensive troubleshooting guide as Audiovox no longer supports the CCS-100 since it is discontinued.

Bike
2005 BMW RT
It should be whatever RPM holds sufficient vacuum for the solenoid to pull the throttle. Mine started tapering off a while back and won't even hold now at high speed whereas it used to be rock solid around 2000 rpm/74mph indicated on the interstate and all the way down to about 35mph indicated on the back highways going into town. Looked for a leak but so far haven't found the cause.
I replaced the vacuum servo twice on my ST1300. At that the it was available as a single part.

Top Bottom