ST1300 Plastic Push Pin Rivets

Bike
2006 ST1300A
What are the mm sizes of the black plastic push pin rivets for the ST1300. I see on eBay that they come in 6mm, 7mm, 8mm and up sizes.
I was at the Honda dealer yesterday and they quoted me $1.99 each. They said it would cost me $130 to replace them all. Yikes!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Thats what I needed to know. How many 8mm, 6mm and others...
That's a good question. If it's not already on st-owners here somewhere, the next best bet would be to look at a parts fiche like Ron Ayers or similar, and see if the part numbers include the length of the rivet.
They are annoying, are they not?
Different styles, different lengths, and they ALL break after some time.
But I guess there's a reason dzus fasteners aren't used much any more, too...

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
There's a list of most of the fasteners - plastic and metal at the end of this article, with photos, and description of where they fit. Download the pdf.

I keep spares for all of them. If one breaks or the hex head feels dodgy then it goes in the bin and a new one goes into my removed parts tray.

For the plastic pins, ebay the part number. There are many that provide smaller quantities - but search down the offerings for firms that supply packs of (say) 50. They are a pretty good deal. Mostly, the smaller head push pins will fit in the same place as those with the larger head. The larger heads are used where a recess makes it more difficult to pull the head out to remove it, but a screw driver blade usually sorts that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom