Still have high idle speed. I'm desparate for advice!

0204bit

Earlygo
Bike
'93 ST1100A
Carburetor problem, 1993 ST1100 ABS? Engine won?t idle below 2000 rpm. Carbs. Removed and all throttle butterflies are all closed. Choke enricher valves on actuator side come out about a ? inch or more when opened. Due to linkage slop the opposite carbs. open half that. If I correct the slop so they all open the same is that going to fix it?

Any other ideas? I?m desperate I don?t have a clue what?s causing this!

Thanks, Andy

C If I correct the slop so they all open the same is that going to fix it?

No that won't fix it. That only means that those two "opposite" carbs aren't getting the same level of enrichment (choke) during cold start. If the the bike starts fine then don't worry about that. What you DO need to make sure of is that the all four of them close fully when the choke is off. ie, all four enrichener valves are fully seated back to their starting position and the linkage is not holding any of them out. Otherwise, as stated above, be sure to check your idle adjustment knob next to your gas cap. Clock-wise will increase your idle and the other way lowers it. This is a flexible cable that runs over to where your throttle cables attach to the carb bank (back left carb if I recall correctly).
Anyway, did this high idle thing just suddenly show up or was it only after some other work was performed?
Regards,
Mr. BR
'95 ST

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom