Stop Leak or Replace (source) or Repair?

I have a leak in the radiator core of my 04 ST 1300. There is a small indent from a rock / object on the fins, seems superfical, but it does perk right out.

Any one tried a stop leak product in the ST?
Raditor shop repair?
Source for a new radiator?

Thanks for the help guys.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Have you tried the dealer? I know, wouldn't expect it to be something under warranty however, stranger things have happened.. they replace headlight bulbs under warranty.. Anyway, if you haven't already, I'd give them a shot first.

Otherwise, I've never had any radiator repairs done on bike or cars so can't speak to how effective it would be.

Service Honda lists a new one for around $335.

Part number was 19010-MCS-G01 for and '03 and 19010-MCS-711 for an '04, the '04 part number didn't come up but the '03 did.

Bike
08FJR
The problem with stop leak products is they also stop coolant flow in some areas. The best thing I have found for a "temporary" repair is sodium silicate solution. I usually got it at a drug store and it comes in a quart mayonnaise type jar. The advantage is it only solidifies when hot and exposed to air. I have had friends use this to seal cracked heads on cars so they could sell them. Jeff

Top Bottom