ST's not selling well?

Bike
St1300
I'm thinking of adding an ST to the stable, so I have been watching the for sale threads and EBAY listings for a couple weeks. Most of the EBAY listings are not meeting their reserve, and the ones that do sell are selling for low money eg $7800 for 2006 ABS with 6000 miles. Yet people are still listing them with high reserve and not selling. My local dealer has a brand new 2007 non-ABS and has it listed for $14000! I think he might have that for a long while. Seems like a good time to buy--I'll keep looking.

Some sellers have unrealistic expectations, but reality will prevail. Be patient and you will get a great bike for a good price. I highly recommend an abs.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Well, as with a lot of things, motorcycling buying is pretty clearly a buyers' market these days. But once you score one... ;)

John

I just bought a used mint 2006 non ABS and paid top dollar for it...supply and demand I guess. Low supply, and I wanted it.......

Dealer has a brand new 2007 non ABS going for $3k off for $16k Canadian.

Seems to be deals on last years models for sure.

If you're patient there will be a deal. It is a buyers market right now when it comes to luxury items (toys).

The deals certainly seem to be better south of the Border!..Friend just bought a 1600cc V-Twin off Ebay, had it shipped across the US, picked it up and imported it. Still managed to save $4K .

Almost had me doing it too! I just can't buy anything site unseen!

Cheers

Last edited:

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
An 07 for $14K?????? Man, you need to shop outside of the NE. I think my local dealer has non-ABS 07s for $11.4K. I believe 08 ABS are $12.4K.
Mike

Bike
2003 Goldwing
STOC #
I paid $7,000 for a super clean 2004 non-ABS model at a local dealership.

The bike had $1k in extras and brand new tires.

The sales rep dropped $800 of the list price without hesitation.

All in all, I thought it was a great deal for an '04 with 17k miles.

Just bought a 2006 with 11,000 miles froma dealer in Omaha for 7684.00(thanks to a tip from someone on this website)He has another one with 5,000 miles. Actually I have been looking for several weeks, and there doesnt seem to be that many around.

Winged_STer

Gary Gray
Site Supporter
Bike
'20 BMW R1250GS Adv
2024 Miles
STOC #
Jewels and bargains are out there. Take your time and find the one that calls to you. Pop for the ABS model if you can.

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Local dealership (Oklahoma Honda in Del City, OK) only has a couple of 2008's. According to the salesman, they are not getting any 2009's - not because they don't want them, but rather because Honda won't allow them to have any. He said that only two 2009's were allocated to Oklahoma.

Don't know if it's true, but if it is, it would support speculation that the 2009, which appears to be identical to the 2008, is actually Honda's attempt to burn off excess inventory - perhaps with the intention of dropping the line.

FYI - I bought my 2007 ABS model almost exactly one year ago for $12,499 with 3.99% financing. As Long Tom stated above, he's now purchased essentially the same bike last month for $11,000.

Appears to me that the dealerships are dumping their old stock and Mother Honda is not replenishing. Any dealership that is trying to get $14,000 for a non-ABS 2007 model is deluding themselves.

Steve

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
Just not a good time to sell 12K bikes in genral.
Though it is a good time to buy 12K bikes as you can get a bit off the sticker.
Not that long ago it was almost hard to get for less than sticker now its so easy those asking sticker are stuck with their bikes:confused: I had thought about trading in my ST for a goldwing but they wouldnt give anything in trade so since its about paid I decided to keep it . Times are hard all over. I thought about it and most likely if I wait a year or two I might get the same as now . Course that means I get to ride it for awhile longer :D:D

Last edited:
OP
OP
MikeG12
Bike
St1300
Jewels and bargains are out there. Take your time and find the one that calls to you. Pop for the ABS model if you can.
Yeah, that is what I'm waiting for! Anybody have or know of one within a reasonable distance of Massachusetts, let me know.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Saw an article (can't find it now) that said bike sales in the U.S. were down 30% for the first quarter 09 compared to first quarter last year.
Mike

Top Bottom