Superbrace Recommended

Bike
07 ST1300 ABS
Not long ago I purchased a fork brace from @Igofar and I want to say it makes a significant difference in handling and stability. I recommend them for the ST1300. Photo credit @Igofar
309C81FB-C63C-4862-B95F-5478868ADC5D.jpeg

Last edited:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I wanted a black one and ordered it in December from SuperBrace, they had a problem with the finish on the one they made for me and gave me two options. One was to get the Sliver one right away for a great discount, option two was to wait until they got the black one just right and they would give me a 50% discount. I just got an email from them yesterday and it has shipped and will arrive tomorrow. GREAT Company!!

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
I wanted a black one and ordered it in December from SuperBrace, they had a problem with the finish on the one they made for me and gave me two options. One was to get the Sliver one right away for a great discount, option two was to wait until they got the black one just right and they would give me a 50% discount. I just got an email from them yesterday and it has shipped and will arrive tomorrow. GREAT Company!!
Really? 'Cuz I ordered one (black) mid-november and I can't even get and approximate delivery date. Every time I ask I get a "we'll let you know soon" answer.

This is the last response I received.:
Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience.
There was been a delay during the holidays with the polisher and the anodizer.
We will give you an update as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
SuperBrace Team
That was on January 17th, and since then... crickets! They were quick to take my money, however! BTW, I had to leave a query on their web page because they would not respond to emails!

In my experience, NOT a great company! At least Customer service sucks! YMMV! Congrats on having a positive experience, but I wouldn't recommend them! Closest I've gotten to having a product in my hands is having the UPS label created (back in December)!

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Really? 'Cuz I ordered one (black) mid-november and I can't even get and approximate delivery date. Every time I ask I get a "we'll let you know soon" answer.

This is the last response I received.:

That was on January 17th, and since then... crickets! They were quick to take my money, however! BTW, I had to leave a query on their web page because they would not respond to emails!

In my experience, NOT a great company! At least Customer service sucks! YMMV! Congrats on having a positive experience, but I wouldn't recommend them! Closest I've gotten to having a product in my hands is having the UPS label created (back in December)!
Yes they are not the best at communication with their customers. I ordered mine back in December. I just got another email stating that UPS has a shipment from them to be delivered tomorrow, but I had one earlier that stated it would be delivered on Saturday. We shall see. I have called them and emailed them along with text messages, and that is an area that they need to do better in.

Well I hope you hear something good from them soon and you receive your order.

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
So I just called them, and she told me "It's on its way". I asked her if it had actually left the warehouse or it was just the label. She checked and said it really was on the was. So I checked with the tracking number and it left this morning (about 4 hours ago) to be delivered on Monday. Fingers crossed.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
So I just called them, and she told me "It's on its way". I asked her if it had actually left the warehouse or it was just the label. She checked and said it really was on the was. So I checked with the tracking number and it left this morning (about 4 hours ago) to be delivered on Monday. Fingers crossed.
Nice!! Mine is suppose to be delivered today.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well did you get yours yet? Did they offer you a discount? You may want to ask them.

@STRider I did get my refund of $ 113.79 Makes it a great deal!! :biggrin:

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
Well did you get yours yet? Did they offer you a discount? You may want to ask them.
I finally got it. Wasn't offered a discount. I installed it yesterday. Will wait on warmer temps to try it out.

Did you install yet? How did you install the fork protectors? Did you have the main protection on the inside or out? In the video they appear to be symmetrical. Mine protect more on one side than the other. The instructions were/are non-existant.

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Would be nice to have a real test data on it.
I've got the MCL brace on mine. Very similar product. I did not record all the data for front tire wear for the 2-3 tires before putting it on. All I know is that I have not had any cupping on a front tire since, have gained 4-6,000 km in wear and I "think/feel" the bike is more responsive in handling. I've now had it on for 13 years?

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I finally got it. Wasn't offered a discount. I installed it yesterday. Will wait on warmer temps to try it out.

Did you install yet? How did you install the fork protectors? Did you have the main protection on the inside or out? In the video they appear to be symmetrical. Mine protect more on one side than the other. The instructions were/are non-existant.
No I have not installed it yet, I have been working on some major service on my 07ST. I would call them and ask for a discount for waiting so long, it may help.

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Cupping? How hard are you leaning in corners? I never had tire cupping on the street. Only at the race track (sportbike) and ones when riding the Dragon 2up, but even then mostly on the rear.
Not extreme corners in Newfoundland, but lots of them. Wasn't into taking photos at the time of tires or video while riding. I just know I was disappointed byt the tire wear and yes, cupping , on at least the first 2 front tires. What ever was OEM... Bridgestones? I just know I've never had cupping since. Was it the roads, those tires, I've become less manic when riding?
Sounds like you just want someone else to take the time and money to do 10,000 miles on a road race track doing consistant speeds on a new tire and then repeating the same thing with another new tire, same tire, but with the fork brace on. Should all happen at the same ambient temperature. Now, if you aren't personally interested enough to do that, can you expect someone else to do it to satisfy your curiousity? I'll take the psychological edge and the extra 4,000+ kilometres even if the brace is really doing nothing.

OP
OP
ASPC
Bike
07 ST1300 ABS
I’m looking forward to reading peoples opinions after installing a brace.

Bike
2012 Honda ST 1300
Just installed my new Superbrace and rode 190 miles today with some big curves. Bike handles great, like on rails (I have Race Tech fork springs) and tracks strait. No fork binding or sticktion after installing. Highly recommend on this fairly heavy bike! Great addition to a fantastic motorcycle.

Top Bottom