tank bags

NobodySpecial

Site Supporter
Bike
2004 ST1300A
This is my solution for the tank bag challenge . Works well and I haven't honked the horn since .
What brand and model is that?
I have a magnetic tank bag and after a 6,000 mile ride through parts of the Western US I noticed some very very fine scratching on the tank. I tried very hard to keep it clean, going so far as to put plastic wrap (misnomer: "Saran Wrap") betwixt tank and bag. This helped quite a bit but was a pain to deal with at times.

For my purposes, I think I'd really like to try a setup like what you have there.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Here's my very old Nelson-Rigg magnetic bag, well-constructed and just now fading a bit. Used it on my 97 Blackbird, but was useless on the plastic tanks of my next two dualsport bikes.
I trimmed some non-skid rubber kitchen shelf liner to keep it from scratching the paint, and I keep it clean under there so it's worked well for me. Just peel it back at fuel time, and lay it back down after. Simple.
20210627_133805.jpg20210627_133921.jpg20210627_133957.jpg

Last edited:
What brand and model is that?
I have a magnetic tank bag and after a 6,000 mile ride through parts of the Western US I noticed some very very fine scratching on the tank. I tried very hard to keep it clean, going so far as to put plastic wrap (misnomer: "Saran Wrap") betwixt tank and bag. This helped quite a bit but was a pain to deal with at times.

For my purposes, I think I'd really like to try a setup like what you have there.
This set up is a GIVI ST602B Sport-T 4L Tanklock Tank Bag and a modified (originally ment for a CB500) Givi BF44 tanklock tank bag attachment adaptor.

Duporth

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 BMW R1250GS
I use the SW-Motech Evo Trial tank bag that had on two previous bikes. I had to do some modification to move the tank ring mount forward on the bag, and bag position rearward, to suit my ST In its original form the the bag would meet the handle bar controls when bars were turned tightly (blow the horn etc).

I really like this tankbag when on trips. Wallet, phone lunch and other small items that can be hard to find at times, all in the tank bag. The bag comes with a waterproof cover. It also has a clear zip pocket top surface and unlocks off the tank in a second.

Dtank 7.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2012 ST1300
When I bought my ST I was disappointed to find out that the Give tank bags with locking ring that I have for my Suzuki DL1000 would not adapt to the ST so I made a mounting plate this past winter. I started off with a plate of 1/4" aluminum and started laying it out then drilling and a lot of cutting. I have taken it out for a few test runs and I like it. The bars just touch at full turn. I also made a gasket to put between the tank and the bracket to protect the paint.P4110001.JPGP4110002.JPGP4110003.JPGP4110004.JPG

Top Bottom