Testimonial

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
Hi guys and gals. I would like to give a short testimonial. This thread is a continuation from a PM from a member KarmaDog. First let me say I am honored he would pm me for advice. I have never met Brad but hope to one day.

Let me give you a little background on myself. I have rode motorcycles from the age of nine. Trail, atv's, street and track. I have toured from Keywest to Alaska, across Canada, and then some. I have attended countless bikeweeks, Daytona, Sturgis, Mrytle Beach.

List of bikes: GSXR750, VTR1000, 1978 HD Shovelhead, 1989 HD Electra Glide, 2005 ST1300, 1955 HD Panhead Custom, 1964 HD Panhead, 2005 HD Custom chopper with a few more in thrown in the mix.

I have fell off of my bikes many times, track and street. I have hit a '69 Firebird in CA, a cattle truck in Dodge City, KS (on the same trip). I have low sided in Suches, Ga. high sided on GA Hwy129, Blood Mountain.

Some of these I was wearing a helmet, sometimes not.

I have had a few helmets over the years, full face, 1/2, 3/4 and small non DOT.

The current helmet that I was wearing was a ZR1, I'm going to include a link to the type and color.
http://www.z1rhelmets.com/productDet...2028&leaf=2034

These helmets are DOT approved. I started wearing this helmet for a little more protection. Cold, wet, and I could hear my radio better on my Electra Glide.

Just for your info I would wear different helmets for different bikes. On my ST I would wear the ZR1 heres the link
http://www.z1rhelmets.com/productDet...2028&leaf=2034

This was the ST helmet. Works very well for me, good rain, cold, and heat protection.

So now you have a little more info about me and my riding style.

I guess you have read about what happen to me. Hit by a truck while I was stopped for a school bus picking up children. Landed on the hood of the truck and then was thrown under the bus and bike. Both the bike and truck were impounded because they were not sure I was going to make it.

All I can tell y'all is like I told a longtime friend that came to see me the other night. If I had not been wearing a helmet I would be dead. Did I have the best helmet on that I could have? No. Will I have one next time I ride. Yes!

Guys and gals never assume that it can't happen to you.

Will I ever ride again without a helmet. Maybe around the parking lot to test ride. haha.

I had a brain bleed and some surgury to remove the pressure. My scar runs from my left temple to the top of my head to my forehead.

I was lucky. I'm in Shephard Clinic in Atlanta. This place is the best. They continue to be amazed at how well I'm doing. I don't want to be back here.

This has been tough on everyone in my family.

I understand freedom of choice. Let those who ride to decide!

Those guys have never seen what I have.

I'm honored that Brad contacted me.

All I can say if you have family, wife, kids, brothers, sisters. Think of them.

Most accidents happen within 5 miles of home. Don't believe me read the Hurt report.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurt_Report

I would like give some props to Joe (Mellow). I have stated before this is the best forum on the net. I have had the pleasure of shaking Joe's hands a couple of times.

I enjoy all the members here.

God has blessed me with a second chance. I'll guarantee you it will not be wasted.

Take care and ride safe. I look forward to shaking everyones hand one day.

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
Tim
It was great to finally meet you at Moonshine! Your testimonial is great and drives home the value of a good helmet and gear!

You are blessed with a second chance Enjoy it Well!

Thanks for sharing!
Randy

carymca

R.I.P. - 2020/01/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2005 Gold Wing
STOC #
Great testimonial. I had a "similar" (but not as serious) experience on March 21, hit from left side by a Buick that threw me 30 feet. Had it not been for the full face HJC flip front I wouldn't be here. As it was I still had a broken wrist, collar bone, jaw, and some ribs. Not quite ready to ride yet, but my new ST should be fully assembled and delivered on Tuesday.

ATGATT is the only way to go.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Glad you are still on the mend Tim.... good testimonial.... interesting comment about the second chance.... for me, as a born again Christian, I would say that part of your testimonial holds the greatest weight......

Heal well and stay safe, tell those you love how you feel about them and be honest with yourself in all things......

Proverbs Ch3 V5-6

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
When I broke my back in '84 a Bell Star Helmet saved my life. I wear Bell Star helmets to this day. Needless to say I believe in them. I'm glad you're still here to testify Tim!

Top Bottom