That was Interesting. Flat Battery.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I'd say you were fortunate and the battery is probably good internally..... normal recharging would take around at least 30 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic and what you have switched on, to replace what the battery had taken out of it to start the bike... and FI bikes tend not to like bump starts if the battery is too far gone..... the advantage of bump starting is that you do get some alternator output as the engine is spun up when the clutch is dropped..... sorry feathered delicately.....

As it is summer it probably charges better and although you might find it cold, I suspect it was still warm enough not to have a deleterious effect on the battery....

Glad you got going though, I bump started my previous 1100 there times in one day when the starter relay went south.... not an experience one wants to repeat...... as the car park was all mainly flat.....

Bike
2006 ST1300
I'll add that I practice bump starting with every bike I 've owned. 2nd gear works best. Any time I notice I 'm stopped on a hill I give the starter and battery a break and bump start it. you don't want to learn how when you need it.

The ST has a warning in the manual not to do this, I don't know why. I've done it countless times no problems.

Top Bottom