thought of adding audio

Bike
06 ST
I would like to see some pic's and full instructions on how to install audio to my ride. can anyone help?

There are a few options... xm radio, mp3, maybe some others... some use starcom, autocom, some use the audio input of a CB to listen.

You might want to search the farkle sub-forum and see what some others have done... there are many different ways to hook everything up as well.

Do you have any more specifics on what type of audio you want?

right now i am looking around to see what my options are. without breaking the bank,if possible.

Tough to help without you being more specific. If you just want to listen to tunes, get a good set of in the ear 'phones, plug them in to whatever your source is and rock and roll. If you're interested in getting a GPS, radar detector, and tunes connected, there are options for that as well.

I've got a Mix It 2 that connects my i Pod together with my GPS and radar detector which are set up to over-ride the i Pod. I've got separate power set up for the Mix It and my i Pod, so I can listen whenever I'm riding.

John

06rider said:
right now i am looking around to see what my options are. without breaking the bank,if possible.

Well, cheapest option (one-time cost), to me, would be an mp3 player in your jacket with earbuds.

A cheaper monthly cost would be to get xm-radio but you've got some one-time costs for mounts, power cables, etc.. then the monthly xm subscription.

I've tried the xm route but for me they just aren't durable enough to withstand the weather and repeated plugging in/out when leaving the bike - they are very basic and cheaply made items.

If money weren't an object, or if I was just starting out and hadn't already invested in some other things, I'd seriously consider the Garmin 2730 - in one fell swoop you get GPS, XM Radio and MP3 capabilities. You still have to pay for the XM subscription but at least the unit is in a very watertight configuration. Of course, this is also one of the most expensive options... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom