Throttlemeister instructions

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Anyone have a set of the instructions they can scan in? Or does anyone know where i can find a set online?
I bought a bike with the meister already installed. I would like to remove it momentarily so I can put on some heat pads under the grips.

I tried googling for a PDF and found a copy for Suzuki, but not Honda's.

I think I can figure it out, but don't want to mess up the adjustments. Or will I need to readjust the unit anyway after removing/reinstall of the grips?

Thanks,
T

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
For what it is worth I did not have to remove or adjust the TM when I installed heat elements under the stock grips. I just removed the rubber grips, installed the elements, reinstalled the grips.

OP
OP
T_C

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
For what it is worth I did not have to remove or adjust the TM when I installed heat elements under the stock grips. I just removed the rubber grips, installed the elements, reinstalled the grips.
You were able to peel/slide the stock rubber over the bar ends? I didn;t think they would stretch that much, well easily.

Just lots of airflow? or some other slippery substance? Please tell... my copy of your technique is the sincerest form of flattery

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
No, not over the bar ends but they are just decorative. The guts of the TM are inside the bar and stay there when the bar end is removed. My bar ends come off by removing the 5 or 6 mm hex bolt recessed in the bar end.

Sorry I was not more clear.

My method of removal is to use a long thin screwdriver of the type used to adjust carbs (remember those things?). I slip it between the bar and grip and ease it around the inside of the circumference of the grip to separate the grip from the bar or throttle tube. When the grip glue is separated I squirt a shot of brake cleaner down along the still-inserted screwdriver and the grip slides off. Some folks use compressed air with good results.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T_C

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Ahh... thank you... I thought I was just being a wussy for not being able to slide the grips over the whole (including bar ends) throttlemeister assembly.

But thanks for pointing out that the should not need to do readjustments when I slide the grips off. I just assumed the working parts were inside the end, but I'll know more once I pull that thing apart.

Top Bottom