Throttlemeister

Any one have any dealing with a Throttlemeister cruise control. I know most of you have been talking about electronic ones, but I'm looking for something simple, for now. Just wandering if they were any good. Any info would be appreciated.:04biker:

STOC #
I have it. My opinion is save your money. I would rather have a simple throttle lock thats so much easier and does the same thing.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I have one... use it all the time. Have it set on slightly to take some jerkyness out of the throttle going over those fine Houston roads ;) Real easy to install... usefull for more than just cruising the slab ;)

Louie Louie

sherob said:
I have one... use it all the time. Have it set on slightly to take some jerkyness out of the throttle going over those fine Houston roads ;) Real easy to install... usefull for more than just cruising the slab ;)
+1 Love my TM!

I originally had mine on my FZ1. When I bought the ST I bought the convertion kit and moved it over. It's a little trickier to activate than a throttle lock but once you get the hang of it it's easy. I like how clean it looks.

STOC #
I've had them on several bikes and they work great. The reason I like the electronic cruise so much is the ability to go up and down hills with the cruise set and not have to worry about making adjustments. With the Throttlemeister in hilly terrain, you are going to have to constantly make throttle inputs to maintain a constant speed. If you don't mind doing that, then the throttlemeister is the best looking solution out there as stated by oldfartracer.

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
I have the TM heavy's. I love it. Rolling it on and off is no real problem. It helps alleviate hand fatigue.

Bike
03 ST1300A
STOC #
I'll add my vote in favor of the TM. I probably wouldn't have bought one originally, but it came on my current bike and it's been great to have. Unlike the Vista Cruises I've seen, you can still operate the throttle while the TM is engaged so there's no having to "turn it off" in a panic situation.

STOC #
Don't get me wrong. They do look nice but the motion required to set them is imho a pain. I had a simple throttle lock on my VFR that was adjusted just tight enough to hold the throttle in position but did allow for small adjustments. Simple thumb on thumb off.

Maybe I just have to work on my technique with the TM.

Bike
2019 BMW K1600GT
I have the heavy on the ST and the std. on my GIXXER and love them. Nice thing about the TM over the conventional lock is that it's adjustable whenever you like. In traffic or twisties you can add just a touch or resistance to help prevent wrist fatige or on the highway snug it down to do all the work plus they look a lot better. The downside is they cost about 5 times as much.

JReviere

R.I.P. - 2011/03/07
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Tm

When I bought my ST13A last November, it had a TM on it. I've used the old Vista Cruise and other simple plastic throttle locks for many years. Because of the "fumble factor" I've experienced with trying to engage the TM while trying to hold throttle position, and the cost differential between it and a Vista Cruise throttle lock, my opinion is: IT'S NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

This said, the look is sleek. The device is very well engineered and well made. It's just overly expensive and clumsy to use... or maybe I'm the clumsy one and have not yet figured out a way to engage it while holding throttle position. Faced with the choice, I'd buy a simple thumb actuated Vista Cruise... the plastic one... not the metal one, and use it. I'd use the considerable difference in money to buy gas and GO RIDE.

JR
Lake Livingston, TX

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
I have one but do not use it - I've installed a Brakeaway instead - more expensive but, much much easier to use.

The problem with Throttlemeister for me was 1) it was not always easy to turn the bar end weight without moving the throttle - and when I did there was no way to know if I had turned it far enough and 50% I hadn't - so when I released the throttle it would pop back to idle - no fun at 70 mph. 2) when releasing it I would also end up pop the throttle to idle as I turn the end weight.

I know a lot of people like it, but for me it was way too inconsistant and hard to use.

STOC #
I've been using one for years. They do the job and reduce the fatigue factor. It is a preference thing, some like blondes, some like red heads, fortunately we have a choice and can exercise that right (unless you are married ;+})

As far as cost, IMHO, I could not manufacture one at that cost even with the right tooling and quantity cost breaks.

Time2Work
Neil S.

LDD

Love my TM as well. Had a Vista Cruise converted to TM for a cross country ride and have never looked back. I like other will use a little throttle friction in and around town to ease wrist strain. To be honest I also have throttle rockers so I "mucho" lazy. Good hunting.:04biker:

OP
OP
ST/SV
Thanks guys. I saw one advertized in a catalog I received in the mail recently and it caught my attention. Since I got back in to street riding I've had this problem with my throttle hand going to sleep not long after I start my ride. I would have to get off the throttle and work my hand to get the blood flowing or cross over with the other hand to hold the throttle while I worked the hand. I figured something like the TM would help. My son and I are planning on heading to Alabama next month to Barber (Superbike races) and it will be my longest ride in years so I figured this would help. I appreciate all of your comments.:bow1: :04biker:

Top Bottom