Time for New Tires

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
I apologize if this the wrong forum to address this but I didn't see a better fit. I have 8500 miles on my ST and it's time to get new tires. I will be replacing the original Bridgestone BT's. Is 8500 miles about right for this bike or can I get better mileage with another brand of tire. I am more interested in longevity then stickiness. I think I'm average in riding style in that I'm fairly aggressive but have never dragged the pegs on this motorcycle. Any suggestions with the mileage you've been able to achieve would be most appreciated. Also, where is the best place to purchase angled valve stems. Thanks.

Steve

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Get with Tim or Ernie at Keelbrotherstires ...they have everything you need...
I agree completely. Tim has always recommended Michellin PR2's for us. We have had good results with these often up to 14,000 on the rear and more on the front.

Cunados

STexan 1300
Bike
2013 Yamaha XTZ1200
I agree completely. Tim has always recommended Michellin PR2's for us. We have had good results with these often up to 14,000 on the rear and more on the front.
Having rode an ST for 9+ years what I wouldn't give for your mileage. One thing I know for sure is I'll never put another pair of Dunlops D220 on her again (factory installed). I blew through the front tire (left side) in record time.

MTGMTT

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Michelin PR3 from Keel Brothers in Ga. Many people on this forum have had very good performance from the PR3. My favorite tire so far, getting 10 k out of the. Rear and should get 14-15 out of the front. Recently replaced the rear with another PR3 and all is well!:)

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Everyone can tell you how many miles they get out of there tires but there are too many variables between riders/roads ridden to expect what some other riders get. It may or may not happen. Just like some guys say they have had no cupping on the rear with the PR3's and I did have it.

I love the PR3's also. I got about 8500 out of my last set. The front could have easily gone another 2K plus. The rear maybe another 1K but I wanted new tires for a trip I'm planning.

RCS

Tim and Ernie is the way to go. I like the Bridgestone BT's and tend to get 10-11,000 out of the rear. I ride highways 99 percent of the time. No racing between stop signs.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Like they're all saying, call Tim and Ernie at Keel Bros. Good prices, shipping included on a pair of tires, and they're really fast. They're also nice guys. A lot of us are running Michelin PR3s. I get 10,000 miles out of a rear; the fronts will last longer, but I like to replace them in sets. The PR3s will handle better than the OEM Bridgestones, and work really well in the rain. I prefer them over the PR2s, Bridgestone 023s or 020s, or the Dunlop Roadsmarts (which delaminated on the front.)

I just did some shopping for some Bridgestone BT023GTs and Keel Brothers were 42 dollars higher than Jake Wilson for a set. Jake Wilson also has free shipping. I buy tires all the time since I have four motorcycles in my garage. The prices at Jake Wilson cannot be beat and I have never had an issue with their service. Check the internet, you may be surprised?

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I had plenty of tread left front and rear before the start of my 3500 mile trip -- but 1500 miles into it the front was deep into the wear bars and the rear was really toast. It's amazing how fast tread is consumed toward the end of a tire's life.

Lucky for me I was less than 2 hours from Tim & Ernie's at the time so I rode down and got new donuts put on. Tires aren't cheap, but they sure are important.

Top Bottom