Time for new tires

Bike
2007 ST1300
Good morning, all. Been in lurk mode for a while. Hope everyone is doing well. My '07 ST13 just had a terminal rear puncture while riding yesterday out in PA-occured on a somewhat twisty 55 mph-ish back road, and thankfully I recognized what was happening before a complete loss of control occurred, and was able to get to the side of the road before full deflation. Not being a plug/patch guy, I'll be swapping out the set and have had a number of tires on the bike over the years including Michelin PS4, which I was very happy with. Was wondering if anyone has tried the PS5 yet, or have feedback on other tires. I'm an ex-roadracer (if there is such a thing....) so input from like-minded people is especially valuable. Thanks in advance for any opinions/tire reviews.
Steve

Bike
st1300 vfr800
Sorry we are never ex roadracers just former ones . Ps 5 s are great tires just maybe not as long lasting as the 4 s . Your mileage might vary though .

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Pirelli Angel GT
Continental Road Attack GT

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'm well into a second set of Michelin Road 5s on a BMW R1200RT. I can recommend them heartily and a third set are in the future. On my ST1300 I've ridden three generations of Pilot Roads from 2006 on but I did not care for the Pilot Road 3s and completely skipped the Pilot Road 4s over vague handling and lumpy unsymmetrical wear patterns but the Road 5s change all that. They are fantastic in the rain, excellent in the dry, wear is symmetrical and the first set went well over 10,000 miles which is 10% more than I got from PR3s and about 30% more then Bridgestone T30 GTs and T31 GTs. While not an ex road racer I like the twisties and leave barely any chicken strip.

RT in the rain.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom