Tire Changer Upgrade Time!

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Ever since Byron moved back east to Kentucky, I have been changing my own tires. And Byron and I probably changed out 30 sets over the years.

I even bought Mike Brown's old No Mar to help me with the changes! Which made changing them so much better! :)

NoMarTireMach.jpg

Well today, my dear wife made the mistake of showing me a No Mar Tire changer on the local Facebook for sell section.

So I decided to check with the guy to see if he still had it, which he did. Also, come to find out, he only lived just under a mile from me. :thumb:

From the pictures, I was sure it was not one of the less expensive units (like I already had), and sure enough, I was right.

No-Mar-Pro-1.jpg No-Mar-Pro-2.jpg

No-Mar-Pro-3.jpg

He also included two No Mar tire spoons, three tire clamps and the yellow tire bead holder (or whatever it is called).

Here's the kicker: He had it advertised at $350. When I handed him the $350 for it, he gave me $50 back and said "Thanks for your service!" o_O At $350, for a $1,400 unit, was pretty darn cheap! But for him to give me back $50!

Needless to say, we talked for quite some time. He has a little shop set up to work on bikes and does it three days a week, while working for WallyWorld four days a week.

He had tried to use the No Mar, but didn't have much luck with it and had bought a power tire changer to replace it with.

I'll need to play with it and see what I can figure out, since this unit needs to be bolted down.

Of course, Chris is already asking me when am I going to sell the other one....:rolleyes:

I need to get the other one back together (got all the parts in a bin, just need to put it all together) and list it, so if anyone (close by) might be interested, let me know! ;)

Bike
ST1300 - Black
That's a good buy.
I think your wife deserves flowers, and she did initiate the idea.

I just last month spooned new tires on my ST. Something like that would of made the job easier.

You take it home on your ST in the 4th photo?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Bob, get a large square of 3/4 inch plywood and mount it to that....so you can stand on it while using it :doh1:

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I would put some drop-in Anchors in the Cement floor, that way you won't have to deal with a big piece of Plywood.
Then you can unbolt and set it aside when not in use.
That's better than the last drop in anchors I used with the other No-Mar tire changer. :)

Top Bottom