Titanium or Carbon Fiber

I am contemplating getting some Two Bros pipes for my STeed.

Just trying to decide between Carbon Fiber and Titanium. They both sound the same and cost the same.

Which do you think I should go for, and why? What are the pros and cons of each?

Help me out guys. :biker:

Kirbybikes

Vancouver, B.C.
STOC #
Hi,

I have the carbon fiber (C-5) on mine the earlier version. I like the carbon fiber as a distinctive look also cool to the touch. But saying that the previous owner made the decision for me and they came with the bike. :D

Kirk

LonggoneST

LongGone ST
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
even though i know next to nothing about these...i do like the looks of the titanium a bit better, if the ST is silver that is..

but if the ST is black like mine...then i might go with the black ones....

big help huh? :D

tsp

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Get one of each!:D You can only see one side at a time!

The carbon ones can be buffed out, if necessary, and will flex some. The unobtanium will dent and scratch in time.

Both look way cool, IMHO!!

Bike
2010 Concours
I had the carbon fibre version and they were incredibly light and, as stated earlier, never get hot.

I never did get used to the look of them on the bike though so went to staintunes instead.

Note that you must repack 2 bros pipes every 5-10 k depending on hwy vs. city riding. They loose their tone over time and if the packing burns off too much, could scortch the carbon fibre casing.

Pp

Have the C5 Carbon Fiber on my 06 ST. They run cooler and have an artistic flair above the Titaniums. They sound fantastic but if they are too loud for your taste, I suggest ordering the P1R Power Tip with it. They are gold, an easy install,complement the gold band of the canister, and you'll get a mellower tone. Since you'll be running leaner with the sytem, you might want to consider changing your fuel pressure regulator (FPR) available from Tom at Turbocity. I went from a stock 50 psi FPR to a 62 psi FPR with the Two Brothers and a K&N filter...and it made a very noticeable difference.:clap2:

Top Bottom