Tom Tom Rider 550 connections

Hi all, not sure if this is the correct place to post this so apologies if not. First question, does anyone use the above satnav?

If so, i'm having some issues that are really beginning to frustrate me.
As far as i'm aware i have everything set up correctly and the unit itself is fully updated etc.
A bit of background, i had a Rider 400 that got rain damaged (a common problem so i understand), liking the tom tom set up and operation i went for the newest 550 as a replacement due to its features, ie traffic updates, connection to headset for messages calls etc...

I am however having real problems with the connectivity, it simply will not remain connected to my phone and therefore not delivering all of the real time data etc and alot of the time, it won't connect at all. Sometimes it will say in Bluetooth that it is connected but i will have a cross by all the options on the top of the screen.

It also, recently on a long run in France, kept disconnecting and removing the route, not allowing me to re-enter the route as it wouldn't re-connect, resulting in the need to revert to a mobile phone...
I'm asking myself the question at the moment do i just stick with a mobile phone?

Can anyone give any advice at all please as its driving me mad.

Thanks in advance,

Dumb-ass reply I'm afraid... I tend to find TT Cust Services OK to deal with. 0207 9490 132, but with any corporation it rather depends how good the CSA on the other end of the phone knows their stuff. Other than that try the TT Forum.

I don't own a Tom Tom Rider 550, but I plan on buying one shortly because Garmin doesn't have maps for Tunisia.

Have you checked to confirm that you are using the most recent operating software update for your 550? Below are some links that will provide more information.

Tom Tom Software Update Release Notes

Software Updating Instructions

Michael

Both of the links came up with 'Page Error - 404'? But it is late and I'm shattered so it could be me!!

Back
Top Bottom