Too tall for Corbin seat?

Bike
ST1100
My ride last weekend was my first multi-hour ride here in Colorado on an ST1100 I just purchased... the seat is a corbin, I am about 6' tall, between the seat being uncomfortable and my right knee (strange only right never knew one leg was longer ;) ) hitting the fairing I was stopping every 100 miles to adjust... What are you long distance riders using for a seat (can't say I love the Corbin) and does anyone else's knee press into fairing?

I need to adjust my riding position, try another seat, or something! :confused:

Bike
2007 ST1300
Anytime I've ridden my sister's ST1100, I've always noticed both of my knees press against the fairing, and I'm just shy of 5' 9". She has a stock seat. So maybe it's just something to do with the riding position?

Bike
2001 ST1100
My first trip was 1300 km on a Corbin and I found it very comfortable. I'm the same height as you, but I did have the lowered pegs and Helibars. This could have made the difference.

Silver Bullet

Retired
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
I seen on the site where some riders with aftermarket seats say they look a lot better than they perform . I guess that,s why they have the adjustable seat on the 1300 . I find the middle setting suits me ,on mine ,don,t know about the 1100 .might be able to find a stock seat on the site? :slv13:-Robert-07-ST

Bike
2005 ST1300
When I bought my 2005 ST in May the rider also gave me a Corbin seat that he had for it. Couldn't understand why he had it but it wasn't installed. This past weekend I was heading to Daytona for Biketober Fest and decided to throw on the Corbin. Now I know why he was using the stock seat. What a piece if concrete........ After 70 miles or so I was sliding all over trying to find some position that was comfortable. Almost turned around and came home. Glad I didn't though. The women wrestling in cole slaw at the Cabbage Patch was worth it. I'm looking at the "all day long" seat but with shipping both directions it's pushing $700. At least they guarentee comfort with it.

Bike
ST
My ride last weekend was my first multi-hour ride here in Colorado on an ST1100 I just purchased... the seat is a corbin, I am about 6' tall, between the seat being uncomfortable and my right knee (strange only right never knew one leg was longer ;) ) hitting the fairing I was stopping every 100 miles to adjust... What are you long distance riders using for a seat (can't say I love the Corbin) and does anyone else's knee press into fairing?

I just got a "gently used" Corbin for my '05, and it seems as if it is geared towards riders under 6' or so; my seat will not fit if I use the tall position - it's an easy 3/4" or more out from latching. It seems as if Corbin's manufactuing/molding is preventing the seat from going forward far enough as the area where the "guide" is is hitting the bar for that same guide.
No problems in low or medium tho'.

KevinL

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
I am not 6 ft but you might try changing the part of your foot that is on the pegs. If you currently ride with the pegs in the arch of your foot try putting the balls of your feet on the pegs. Might help. And as a bonus your toes won't drag in the corners.:D

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
People seem to either love the Corbins or hate them. I'm sure you could find a buyer (possibly with a stock seat to trade, as well) if you decide to replace it. The stock seat worked fine on my 1100, but I have a Russell on the 1300. It's taller than stock on the 1300, and I assume that it would be higher on the 1100 than what you're riding. I have a stock 1100 seat you can borrow, if you'd like to compare it to the Corbin. (I'll need it back, though, in case the 1100 gets resurrected.)

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #

How you sit on your bike is a function of so many factors. I am 6'6" with a 35" inseam and the kneepads of my Aerostich sometimes rest against the gray fairing pocket plastic.

I bought a 1991 ST1100 that had a Corbin on it. The Corbin sat too low for hip comfort for me. What I did was put an ad in the ST-Owners classifieds offering a straight-across trade for a stock ST1100 seat. I traded with a fellow ST-er in Indiana. Worked out great for both of us.

The most recent ST1100 I bought came with a Russell seat made for someone about 6 inches shorter and 100 pounds lighter than me. I sold it through the classifieds on this website and bought a stock ST1100 seat off Craigslist for $50.00.

My current plan is to get it custom reworked by a seatbuilder in Albany, OR as soon as I boost my Farkle fund a little. Rainyrider from Raymond, WA had his seat done there and it looks great.

Bike
2017 ST 1300PA
I'm one of those Corbin fans...
They do make two different seats for the ST1300: one that puts you closer to the tank and one that allows further spacing.
I like the firm seat. It feels very supportive and I don't go numb from too much squooshiness.

Rob

Bike
R1200rt
6"4' and I used the stock seat but put a gel pad under the seat cover. Worked great for years.

PmodelinUS

Site Supporter
Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
2024 Miles
I clock in at 5' 8'' need a low seat any suggestions ?
I have a corbin rumble seat and love it. I'm 5'9". Now that beign said it is a hard seat but I can go all day on it. Helibars are also great if you would like to sit up a bit more.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
On the 1100, Corbin seats are known for their firmness and being lower. The only way I can ride on one is by also using an Airhawk air cushion and a sheepskin covering it.

It would get rather expensive shipping a Corbin to Ireland. I've only seen metal seat pans on Corbin seats.

Top Bottom