Trailer Size :(

Bullmoose45

Bullmoose
Bike
ST 1300
It looks like the only way I'm going to get out of here before June is trailer the damned things to the South.
Does anyone know how wide an enclosed trailer ( I do not want anyone to know that I am trailering ) has to be to get both bikes in it.
I should of bought one last Fall but could not bring myself to do it.
Thanks Guys
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Depends:)

8' wide outside the wheels will take two easy, especially if you can stagger them a little fore and aft. Remember that the bags do come off:) 8' wide inside will take your pickup!

It's really not so bad, towing. Better than waiting to ride! I'll tow a couple times this summer so that I can sit in the air conditioned splendor for the last 100 miles across the desert!

FOG

What are the 2 bikes?? I get 3 moderately large bikes in a 6x10 V-nose.

Best thing to do is park them side by side, in the garage, then mark the footprint with chalk and measure it. That way you can set them up staggered, side by side or whatever your preference and the space between you are comfortable with.

OP
OP
Bullmoose45

Bullmoose45

Bullmoose
Bike
ST 1300
Thanks Fog;
I went to the big city today and checked out the line up of trailers, I suspect that the 6'x12' will handle the bikes but I going to do as you suggested and chalk out the bikes on the toy shed floor to make sure before I buy a trailer.
Now I just have to figure out how to put the wheel chocks in it.

Top Bottom