Trailer

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I have a Uni-go and a Bushtec. You hardly notice the uni-go back there unless you are passing a big truck then it's like your tail is wagging. Only 5 Cubic feet of storage. No hit on gas mileage at all.

The Bushtec fully loaded weighs 350# and you notice it accelerating and decelerating but it doesn't wag at all. It's very smooth and doesn't bounce. 26 cubic feet of storage.
The bad part about pulling the bushtec is the hit on gas mileage. 4 or 5 MPG less. :(

Bike
'06 ST1300A
I have a Bushtec also, Indypup's take is dead on. You do have to pay more attention to your parking, 'cause paddling backward with a trailer can be a challenge. LOVE my Bushtec.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Is that the largest Uni-go trailor they have 5 sq. ft.?
I think there is only 1 size Uni-go, just a few different "styles" of rear-ends.

There are lots of trailers out there, from "home built" and modified Harbor Freight style, to Bushtec, Uni-go and more. Lots of things to consider when getting one. But from what I've read and heard the STs will do just fine with all but the biggest trailers currently being pulled. You just have to learn how the dynamics of riding will change while pulling them.

I'm in the process of making my own one-wheeled trailer (similar to H2Oriders) and I hope to have it done for the BRG.

Top Bottom