Trip to Canada

Mac

Tin Tush #1
STOC #
I left for Canada to meet a friend who left earlier in the month(he had more vacation time)after work on Friday, slabbed up to Knoxville, Tn through some really nasty weather(no tornados).
On Sat got on the road and rode from Knoxville to Danbury,Ct. Then on Sunday I went from Ct up into Maine and fortunately didn't see any of these on the road.
DSCN1260.jpg

Once I got to the border at Calis, I did see this
DSCN1261.jpg

DSCN1263.jpg

I don't know if it was an eagle or a trespasser. I thought it was best not to get involved in any interspecies home invasions.
So I get to Sackton that night to find Shawn in a trailer, I guess he was homesick, but never being one to complain about hauling all that camping gear up to frekkin Canada only NOT to use it, I accepted his generous offer to use the spare bed. Have no fear intrepid armchair advernurers, Shawn had nothing to worry about because I brought my new Cpap machine otherwise know as the Mac doesn't snore anymore machine, halaluea!!!

The next morning Shawn decides he doesn't want to go ride the Cabot train in Nova Scotia because he was tired or some such nonsence about having ridden it the day before. So I adventureously ventured out to see this adventuresome trail for my adventureous self. I was not disapointed.
The weather was dark and dreary
DSCN1264.jpg

Even churches were strange looking
DSCN1265.jpg

There was an odd odor of pot, I mean potpouri in the air
DSCN1266.jpg

I guess it was from the flowers on the shoulder.
The weather didn't improve
DSCN1271.jpg

The sea was getting rough
DSCN1277.jpg

If not for the courage of the fearless crew the town of
DSCN1282.jpg

could be lost.
But on the norther side of the trail conditions worsened even further.
DSCN1286.jpg

Fortunatly things improved after 30 or so miles of riding in the frekkin fog.
DSCN1287.jpg

So did the roads and scenery.
DSCN1288.jpg

DSCN1289.jpg

DSCN1293.jpg

Last edited:
These next series of pics were from my favorite portion of the Cabot trail. I ran it several times up and down. Very very fun!!
Enjoy:
DSCN1296.jpg

DSCN1297.jpg

DSCN1298.jpg

DSCN1299.jpg

DSCN1300.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

DSCN1304.jpg

DSCN1306.jpg

DSCN1307.jpg

Last edited:
One of the local hooligans on the Cabot.
DSCN1308.jpg

A sail boat.
DSCN1309.jpg

Some nice calm waters to reflect on the meaning of life and other weighty matters.
DSCN1311.jpg

On tues we hauled butt to get the hell out of Canada. Tim Horten's can only go so far, eh?
Anyway, we made it to the easternmost point of the continental US.
DSCN1315.jpg

DSCN1316.jpg

This is what the rock says.
DSCN1319.jpg

And the obligatory bike in the pic to prove we were actually there pic.
DSCN1322.jpg

And , of course, the obligatory hot asian honeys in the pic to prove they were actually there too pic.
DSCN1325.jpg

The guy there was listening for valve tick. I told him the bike wasn't a FJR, but I guess he didn't believe me.

Last edited:
This is a nice place I think called Farmington falls in Maine.
DSCN1327.jpg

Then on to Mt. Washington in NH.
DSCN1338.jpg

The train that goes to the top.
DSCN1332.jpg

The summit, with people in the way.
DSCN1335.jpg

The place where the highest wind speed ever recorded was recorded.
DSCN1337.jpg

The chains are there because of all the vandals trying to steal the building. Stupid vandals.

Here I am relaxing after a big meal with Champi, the lake Chlamplain monster in Burlington.
DSCN1339.jpg

Also despite searching all over, we couldn't find the coat factory. You wouldn't think it'd be that hard to find.

Last edited:
The view from the ferry across Lake Champlain the next morning.
DSCN1340.jpg

DSCN1341.jpg

We came across this by accident in NY state and thought it was photo worthey.
DSCN1346.jpg

DSCN1344.jpg

DSCN1349.jpg

DSCN1350.jpg

DSCN1347.jpg

We stopped in Lake Placid for lunch. Its a nice, but touristy place much like Vail, Co.
Mirror lake.
DSCN1351.jpg

DSCN1352.jpg

We rode late into the night and made it from Vermont through NY state and Penn to Winchester Va. Fortunately there were no Kamakazi deer, just Phycho truckers.
The next moringin the plan was to ride the Blue ridge to Ashville and on to the gap, Little did I realise how far it is on the blue ridge from Roanoke to Ashville. 266 miles at 45 mph. EEK!!!
So we got back and ended up slabbing to Ashville, there was this nice spot on the freeway though.
DSCN1353.jpg

Last edited:
Our last night we stayed in Ashville and has some really big beers and ate a really good mexican meal.
Then in the morning on to the Blueridge pkwy.
Within our first few miles we were greeted with this.
DSCN1355.jpg

So we knew things were going to be good. They were.
DSCN1356.jpg

DSCN1357.jpg

DSCN1360.jpg

This pic was taken about 30 min before the ugliness to come came.
DSCN1361.jpg

And finally the images of the ugliness as taken by Killboy displayed for all the world to see by MCN in England.
infamousMacster.jpg

The end

MAC,

way cool brother..

Next time you get into CT, you better give us a shout first....You would have been welcomed properly;)

Last edited:
udhawg said:
Awesome pictures!!!!!

Where was the place in NY State you happened to stumble upon with the water falls?

Jim
It was the Ausable chasam which I believe is in Ausable forks(so sayeth the map). It was on 9n out of Keeseville on the way to Lake placid.

Kempo-STer said:
MAC,

way cool brother..

Next time you get into CT, you better give us a shout first....You would have been welcomed properly;)

I'll remember that. Riding through Ct was cool. I liked the part of 84 from Danbury to Hartford. Real nice for an interstate. I should have stopped at one of theose BJ's gas stations. I'm sure they have t-shirts that say I love BJ's ..... gas and such.

Back
Top Bottom