Turbo Suzuki

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Of greater interest to me was the Kawasaki H2 SX SE (WHY didn't they just dub it the SeX and get on with it???). 207 HP, 200 lbs lighter than my ST, fully modernised... Might be worth the cost of the divorce.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
MaxPete said:
........for those special times when too much, is simply not enough....
...and far too much is just right!

I've got way more HP than I can use or handle. But I'd really really like to hear an ST engine with a supercharger.

Bike
2007 ST1300

I've got way more HP than I can use or handle. But I'd really really like to hear an ST engine with a supercharger.
My ST has the alternator whine just above idle. My wife made comment about it when I first got the bike. I told her it was the supercharger!

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100
Bout time Suzuki bought out something to talk about. This company has about died out. Suzuki use to be about nothing new here to see folks.....move along.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

My ST has the alternator whine just above idle. My wife made comment about it when I first got the bike. I told here it was the supercharger!
I had a guy ask me if my ST1300 was supercharged! With that V4 sitting in there, it would be a perfect engine to supercharge! :thumb:

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I’m glad to see more options coming. Can I get a VFR800ST Turbo with everything the Tracer GT has on it please?

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
The last time the "big 4" went down this path they managed to make a bunch of middle weight bikes (500, 650 & 750) as fast as litre bikes but the extra induction equipment made them as heavy as a litre bike as well. In the end they weren't any faster or lighter than a litre bike but were a lot more complicated and cost a lot more. It was simpler on many levels to just buy the litre bike and be done with it. How will they avoid this trap again?

Bike
VStrom 650
Any new news since this was wrote?
December 12, 2017
You are right, this is old news, I think the turbo project for the big S broke in 2015, I read last Autumn there was a proposed limited edition turbo Hyabusa to mark its 20th anniversary in 2019. The GSX700T according to the media will be 2020. But then again do you remember the press saying we were getting a V5 ST13 replacement about a decade ago that turned out to be the VFR1200F.
Upt'North.

Bike
VStrom 650
HOMENEWSNEW BIKES2009APRIL
All new Honda Pan European goes high tech
Published: 30 April 2009
The new Honda Pan European will be a 'technical masterpiece'
The all-new Honda Pan European is going to be a technical masterpiece utilising the very latest technology, including a push button operated, double-clutch transmission, variable cylinder management and the next generation of the V-Tec variable valve system.
In next week’s MCN a Honda insider will also reveal when the new bike will go on sale.
Nuff Said, the press they lie like cheap watch. IMO.
Upt'North.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
You are right, this is old news, I think the turbo project for the big S broke in 2015, I read last Autumn there was a proposed limited edition turbo Hyabusa to mark its 20th anniversary in 2019. The GSX700T according to the media will be 2020. But then again do you remember the press saying we were getting a V5 ST13 replacement about a decade ago that turned out to be the VFR1200F.
Upt'North.
I saw something again recently (in the last week) on the Suzuki 500 parallel twin, but I can't recall where I saw it. The article indicated that development has been underway since those first patents appeared.

Top Bottom