Two Brothers Exhaust

Ok. I just installed the M5's Ti pipes from 2 Bros and without the baffles they sound great; not too loud at all. In fact, I'm surprised they are not louder. The fit and finish look great on the Red 05. Well worth the $780 from New Enough.

Overall, very pleased.
Hi Mike,

I put the Two Bros titanium pipes on my '05 when I first got it and have been very pleased with them from day one. No performance enhancement but they sure do sound goooooooooooooood. You won't be sorry!

Ok. I just installed the M5's Ti pipes from 2 Bros and without the baffles they sound great; not too loud at all. In fact, I'm surprised they are not louder. The fit and finish look great on the Red 05. Well worth the $780 from New Enough.

Overall, very pleased.
Did you get the new "vale" system? Sure would be nice to see how they look on an 05. Do post some pics if you can, I am gonna get the two bros, but I can't decide between the CF or titanium.

Thanks

Did you get the new "vale" system? Sure would be nice to see how they look on an 05. Do post some pics if you can, I am gonna get the two bros, but I can't decide between the CF or titanium.

Thanks
I've never used 2bros but the titanium Leo's I've installed on other bikes looked much better to me than the black cans. Carbon is a bit fragile and I've heard sunlight corrodes it. Titanium also stays much cooler than SS.

OP
OP
MikesBlackbird
I have the M5's Titanium's which are the VALE system. Only problem I had installing is that the connecting pipes are not marked and of course I made the wrong choice and had to switch them around. The VALE allows you to get everything straight and then tighten down. I still need to make a few minor adjustments but overall, I am pleased. I will post a video with a sound clip this weekend if I can on this sight.

After installing the exhaust is there a procedure for tuning the bike? I read an article about switching pipes on a Big Dog motorcycle and the procedure was to run the bike 15 minutes, turn it off, and repeat 4 times so that the computer could adjust to the oxygen sensor. Is this something we need to do too?

OP
OP
MikesBlackbird
There was nothing mentioned in the installation instructions, only that the computer would make the adjustments. I just got back from a 45 minute ride and the bike seems to have settled in nicely with the pipes. Initially, it seemed to stumble a bit, so maybe it is going through it's adjustment process (?)

I have a couple of videos with sound (nothing professional) I can send to anyone who is interested, so please pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send them over so you can see and hear the M5's in Titanium on my 05. The files are too large for this site (almost 4MB).

Top Bottom