Two in one day

Bike
ST1300, VT750C
Now I don't have to wonder if/ when I'll drop Pooter, I did today, twice. First time I've dropped a bike in decades. There's no harm except to the little black wing on the left side and the smallest of scratches on the left mirror cover, and of course my pride took some damage. Both were surprisingly graceful falls, if that makes any sense, and it was a lot easier to stand the bike back up than I expected. I do have an excuse though. I had chemo on Friday and just about no sleep last night, so I debated canceling, but the day was just so beautiful and I knew I would only feel worse over the next week so I headed out with some friends anyway and that earned me my two noob drops:banghead:. Starting out this morning, I was feeling a bit wobbley as I tried to make a tight U-turn I've made dozens of times and I dropped Pooter in the street right in front of the house. Then at a diner, I stupidly parked facing downhill in a gravel lot and while trying to wrestle my way out, over we went, again:well1:. Oh well, I'll feel better in a week or two and I'll get out again. Does one fall going forward cancel out one fall pushing backward?

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Telling everyone speeds the healing.........

Thanks for the tale!

ToddC

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Get well 100%.
I have arthritis that bothers me but not full time. It sneaks up on me in the form of a left knee that will either lock in an embarrassing position, or unlock at a terrible moment.....like at stops signs or hurrying between gates at the airport.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Congratulations, you have made two applications into a very prestigious and elite club... and we're happy to inform you that you have been selected! No further applications are necessary, you are now a life long member!

Bike
07 ST1300
I drove a bike up to my brother who was having chemo for acute leukemia. It helped him. Keep riding Mister. The bike is there to help. He is is remission now for almost 2 years.
Tip overs do not count if you are on chemo. No way no how.

OP
OP
AlleyBrewer
Bike
ST1300, VT750C
You guys are great. Thanks for the words of support, encouragement and humor - I appreciate all of them. Riding definitely helps me keep a positive attitude.

Bike
2015 FJR1300A
Welcome to the club. Glad there was relatively no damage and you weren't hurt.
I have to ask...and NO disrespect intended. This " club" you mention. With 27 listed, are you president of The Drop Club :) ?

I hope I don't jinx myself into another one, but I am not without a drop...and mine I think was at the high speed of about 1/2 MPH, so no stone throwing here and likely more embarrassing than at least 80% of yours I'd imagine.

AlleyBrewer... glad you're ok and I hope you feel better and stronger soon. I want to hear about the next time you tackle those 2 spots and you come out the winner !

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Seems some are better than others when it comes to dropping their bikes! These bikes are monsters when not moving forward fast enough to take the weight away. In my 250+K miles in the last 10 years on ST1300s, I have come close a number of times to dropping one of them. If I would have had health issues during any of those times, my count would probably be right up there with the best of them.

Good luck on your battle, it's worth fighting! And if you are like most of us, our therapy is riding! :bl13:

Top Bottom