Tyres! What tyres?!?

Bike
VStrom 650
:ukflag1: If you want some boys get your orders in fast.
The Bridgestone boat just docked and there are no ST11 tyres on board. Don't know about the 13.
I've managed to order a matching set of Avon Spirit ST's (good name) but there are only 4 sets of these left in the country and they fit other bikes apparently, a Suzuki GSX 1100 G was mentioned.
If you want tyres get em quick. I'm told many T32's and T31's are on back order so even if they do arrive chances are they're already sold.
I had thought about trying the ST, now I have no choice :well1:.
Upt'North :lg112:.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
:ukflag1: If you want some boys get your orders in fast.
The Bridgestone boat just docked and there are no ST11 tyres on board. Don't know about the 13.
I've managed to order a matching set of Avon Spirit ST's (good name) but there are only 4 sets of these left in the country and they fit other bikes apparently, a Suzuki GSX 1100 G was mentioned.
If you want tyres get em quick. I'm told many T32's and T31's are on back order so even if they do arrive chances are they're already sold.
I had thought about trying the ST, now I have no choice :well1:.
Upt'North :lg112:.
Thanks Ray, I'm about ready for new boots so will start searching sooner, rather than later!

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
I had heard there may be a tire shortage. Replaced the rear on my GW last fall; went ahead and ordered a front this morning even though I have a couple thousand miles left in the front.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
The brown truck showed up with a boat load of T32's last night.:cool:
A set for me and a set for my riding buddy.
I agree order soon to avoid the rush and no tire avail.
Double checked them to make sure they were the GT models for our heavy bikes.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Due to my commuting, before Covid hit, I had ordered two sets of PR4GTs, which now have been sitting in storage and now in the garage for the last year and a half. Always good to plan ahead! ;)

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Hopping in with a question, because I eventually plan on getting back onto an ST(just relocated from the US, gotta start all over with the licences) Can you darkside in the UK?

Any place in London where the St-owners congregate? I have a lot of questions about riding in the UK. Oh, just noticed, Hi SupraSabre, been a while.

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
Update on the ST's. I wouldn't bother.
They behaved OK on local rides and did what tyres should.
On the recent Spanish long haul trip they've messed up a little. After about 4500 miles they're ready to be changed because of the flatting off and general unevenness of wear. They've worn a lot like the 023's used to do and about the same mileage. The front has stood up better than the rear.
Two T32's will go on shortly.
Upt'North.

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
Hopping in with a question, because I eventually plan on getting back onto an ST(just relocated from the US, gotta start all over with the licences) Can you darkside in the UK?

Any place in London where the St-owners congregate? I have a lot of questions about riding in the UK. Oh, just noticed, Hi SupraSabre, been a while.
Ozzie, Dark Side in the UK? Con and Use regs would outlaw that and I doubt there would be any real benefits on UK style roads. But I'm no dark sider, so others may disagree.
I'm not aware of any meets for Pan's anywhere in the UK. But there is an enthusiastic bike night/meet network. Check out the what's on guide weekly in MCN.
Upt'North.

Just noticed the date of post.....sorry for delay.

Top Bottom