Uhaul Trailer

Bike
ST1300A 2009
STOC #
Previous posts & photos helped me load my bike for trailering (for the first time). I'm adding these photos to the base of knowledge that is ST-Owners.com.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoWest
Bike
ST1300A 2009
STOC #
Are you "riding" to an event like the Harley folks do? : )
As Hurricane Sally tracked toward southeastern U.S. it was either trailer the ST or cancel a ride in the Blue Ridge of North Carolina. My riding partner couldn't change his dates - so we both trailered our bikes for a couple days riding (better than none!)

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Good idea with those aft loops. When I bought mine and trailered it home, I did not do that and I found the bike's rear wheel tended to slip sideways. I took a rope from one of the "D" rings, wrapped it through the spokes and around the tire, then over to the other "D" ring to immobilize it. No more problems on my trip home.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
As Hurricane Sally tracked toward southeastern U.S. it was either trailer the ST or cancel a ride in the Blue Ridge of North Carolina. My riding partner couldn't change his dates - so we both trailered our bikes for a couple days riding (better than none!)
I think you ride if you can. but if trailering makes a destination ride possible then that's ok too. Last October, when the border was open, trailered 2 ST's from Toronto area to Maggie Valley, NC for 4 days of riding. Trip down and back was nasty, rain, cold, lousy slab roads.......... not worth the ride at all. Destination was great, so no shame in using a trailer when it makes sense.

Top Bottom