UK to Ban Sales of New Petrol Fuelled Motorcycles from 2040

When a major company says it lost millions I grow skeptical. The bean counters say they lost money when the profits are below expectations. For instance if they planned on 20% profit and only got 18% they lost 2%.

If the EV movement were as necessary as we are told, it would have been done already
I believe there is no single answer at this time, the progression of gas engines are still happening, explain to somebody working on a Model T about variable Cam timing
For instance solar power probably won't work well in Canada, but works well in Texas. Wind works in Colorado but poorly in somewhere else, Coal works one place but not others.
We reached the moon because a huge amount of smart people were thrown at the project ( not to mention money ). And was financed as a one time shot by your favorite government. Just try to get Boeing to land someone on the moon with their own company money. Can you say stock holders and giving birth to cow in one sentence.
This is a direction at this time and a preemptive thing, when business gets involved they see profit somewhere.
I would have loved to have a EV bike for my commute to work and if I had the cash would use one around town now, free mileage with only tires and brakes cost. If I had a few more years left to work I would have done it.
We are doing great by exploring solutions, not everybody has to buy in at this time which makes it a transition instead of a sudden mandate. I personally have seen the benefits of cleaner living, it used to be normal to throw food wrappers out the windows, who would want to keep garbage in your car right?
Again we will be Ok.
I look at it as if I ( being a partial treehugger) am wrong the results will be a better environment, If the climate change is coming and we do nothing it will be bad. Nothing hits home as the viewpoint that humans are not a endanger species.

I believe there is no single answer at this time, the progression of gas engines are still happening,
There was no single answer to the moon landing either, but they pulled it off.

There were fewer billionaires involved, back then, and no World Economic Forum to obfuscate the issue. America was much more in tune with our core values, including independence, individual liberty, and mind yer own beeswax.

The space race seldom included "end of the world" language, either.

,,,,,,,, solutions, not everybody has to buy in at this time which makes it a transition instead of a sudden mandate........

Things have a way to balance themselves, regardless of mandates.

Until recently, Akio Toyoda was considered a fool whose views could only run his company into the ground.

Suddenly he is a visionary.

California is also working on a 2035 ICE ban....but also has many lawyers actively looking at circumventing it....and Californians who were Tesla top customers grew tired of Elon's antics and didn't take is move to Texas lightly are now buying less and less of his cars.

... not everybody has to buy in at this time which makes it a transition instead of a sudden mandate ...
Oh that's absolutely not how it's presented, hence feels over here...
Full broadside propaganda on all medias... public witch-hunt, branding not only car-owners but whole generations, baby-boomers and gen X in particular, as the cause, the ones guilty for "all this and everything underlying"... Caucasian, hetero males are bad in particular... if you're not within "their" circle you are the problem...
fuel, energy and food prices through the roof, inflation in the red line, CO² tax on anything imaginable, no drive zones popping out like mushrooms, parking places getting plowed over, miles over miles urban parallel-parking replaced with bicycle lanes and pedestrian zones, no one cares about the residents, how delivery trucks should get there or even unload; being a site engineer running service calls has gotten impossible these days, besides the lack of parking spots are meter-maids all over you...
them cars must go...
They also demonstrate against wind-parks (wind-turbine sites) and fight solar-arrays placed on green meadows...
Public transport? Na! Causing noise and micro particles, hence shall also be banned...
Agriculture? Pesticides and all those poor farm animals...
They're against all and everything to begin with...
And the drum keeps beating:
a bag of rice falls over: climate panic!
a leave hits the ground: climate panic!
a volcano burbs: climate panic!
its raining: climate panic!
the sun is shining: climate panic!
no sun due cloudy skies: chem-trails! climate panic!

But yeah... when we all buy new (toxic waste) stuff that yet has to be produced somewhere far away all any everything will be good...
Sorry, can't see that as more as it is, a full scale global marketing campaign...

Artemis3 crew will land on the moon. Artemis2 crew will only orbit the moon.

We need to be concerned about our environment, but Co2 has very very little control over our temperature. none.
Your bedroom Co2 level will increase over 1000 ppm before morning and the temperature does not rise 10 degrees.
Again none of their numbers make any sense. Oh they do not have any real numbers.
They have put up a fancy facade with nothing behind it.
I am an engineer and I have dug through thousands of pages of trash research papers, that they had published, looking for the truth.
but I did find some gold that they threw out because it did not fit their agenda.
Do not believe me or them. Look for the truth yourself.
You shall know the truth and the truth will make you free.....
This ruse is all a distraction, Follow the money.....

Yes, he got it...

Lets go ride while we can....

Last edited:
I am an engineer and I have dug through thousands of pages of trash research papers, that they had published, looking for the truth.
Yep, never trust statistics you haven't manipulated/paid for yourself...
I'll buy into overpopulation, deforestation and solar cycles... but they keep suspiciously silent on those topics...
That suddenly a few mopeds "causing it"; doubtful, quicker, more agile, filtering hence quicker at their destination, no endless circling in search of a parking spot thus still superior over cars...

As for our "wise leaders", I'd vote for mandatory uniforms, jackets with embroidered patches, like F-1 or NASCAR drivers, so you can spot right away who owns them... ;)
(I'd actually advocate forehead tattoos, but windbags as they are they change camp quicker as underwear...)

As for our "wise leaders", I'd vote for mandatory uniforms, jackets with embroidered patches, like F-1 or NASCAR drivers, so you can spot right away who owns them... ;)
This has been suggested in our land as well.

I don't see it as such a bad idea at all.

The polution's that bad here I can only see 25 miles today!
I'm going to write to my MP.
The UK thing is a bit of a red herring really. The EU is way ahead of us when it comes to clean air zealots. I've just applied for my Crit Air certificate from France. €160 fine if you ride into town without one displayed.
Don't worry if you ride an ST11 though, they're too old to even get one. Not that that's a good thing because you'll still get fined.
It's coming to a town near you soon, yes it is.
Manufacturers can't afford to make different products for different markets and the EU is a big market.
When you lose different models of motorcycles at the moment that is down to EU pollution regs, that's what is driving the market. Bless em.
Upt.
The good news is that they can't fine you using automatic number plate recognition technology, because the UK DVLA no longer shares registration information with EU countries.

More on-topic, although I'm not a current member, I'm still on the Motorcycle Action Group's email list, and they sent a notice out the other day about the Telegraph article you were (originally) discussing in this thread.

MAG opposed the MCIA [2040] proposals, and the Government [2035] proposals, and has
repeatedly made this clear in meetings with successive Department for
Transport (DfT) Ministers over the last two years. In January we were
informed by Anthony Browne MP, the current Minister with responsibility
for transport decarbonisation, that the final decision and announcement
was “imminent”. However, no indication was made as to what the decision
would be. Since January there have been no further announcements,
formally or informally.

MAG has received no indication from the Department that the 2040 date
proposed by the MCIA is under any more consideration than MAG’s calls to
scrap the entire proposed phaseout of ICE motorcycles.

MAG has asked for details of the sources of the claim that a 2040 date
is likely to be announced. The Telegraph has not responded.

The next UK government is likely to be Labour (the next election will take place sometime this year), so I would not expect anything less than a 2040 cut-off to be implemented shortly.

Ciao,

JZH

I'll buy into overpopulation, s... but they keep suspiciously silent on those topics...

There may be a reason "they" are keeping silent on overpopulation.

Ehrlich's book "The Population Bomb" came out in 1968. Over half a century ago, Things have changed a bit since then. Check it out!

......never trust statistics ......

Check today's fertility rate data (and not statistics, there is a difference) for most nations north of the equator. It might give you a better picture of where we may slowly be heading.

Even Austria is well below the 2.1 fertility value for replacement. So you don't really have to worry too much about overpopulation.

Still, although Ehrlich didn't get it quite right, he probably was not any righter or wronger at the time than those today who'd like to ban ICE by 2035 or those who won't. Or Hubbert with his "Peak Oil" projection. It's all big guesses while nature is taking care of balancing things the way it wants to.

Here is one random find out of the "Silence"!

My thing is I wonder how little it would add to the thinking that if we got rid of fossil fuels the earth would self correct itself? I have doubts. Even all the scientist cannot agree on the degree of man made emissions that are a 100 percent cause of global warming. I think the earth will continue warming as the ice core samples show then slowly go the other way and the earth will be covered by 1 mile thick ice glaciers....the fossil records show that also. Finally current techology cannot stop these events from happening.
No one alive, except the 15 foot tall giants hiding in Afghani caves, has witnessed the end of an ice age. The change that bothers me most is.........
How 'bout the animals found buried in the Canadian and Siberian permafrost who froze while still chewing their veggies?

So you don't really have to worry too much about overpopulation.
On the contrary, we are overrun... and of course they grab the state's child support, unemployment benefits and and whatever there is to make a living from it...

Yes, its drifting off now... OTOH is it all is connected...

No one alive, except the 15 foot tall giants hiding in Afghani caves, has witnessed the end of an ice age. The change that bothers me most is.........
How 'bout the animals found buried in the Canadian and Siberian permafrost who froze while still chewing their veggies?
Yeah people tend to ignore that;) can't let those facts get in the way you know.

Back
Top Bottom