Un"Sink"able Dinner

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Not a piece of bacon or any bacon fat in this one. Sorry about that, Sink. But for those of you looking for a really healthy and tasty dinner, here's a great start.

Saut? a bunch (more or less depending on how much you like them) mushrooms. Cook them enough so they're about 2/3 original size and lightly browned. Set these aside until later.

Take 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and pound them until they are about 3/8 to a 1/4" thick. It's easiest if you cover them with some heavy waxed paper while you're doing the pounding. Cut them in half after pounding so you'll have manageable serving sizes. Brush them with fresh lemon juice on both sides and then hit with some s&p. Dredge them in Italian bread crumbs.

Cook them at med high heat with a little olive oil 3 or 4 min. per side. You can tell when they're done as they won't be spongy when you press on them with a fork. Keep them warm while you finish cooking the rest of the breasts.

Once you've finished cooking the chicken, add 1/3 cup fat free chicken broth, about 1/4 cup dry wine, 4 teaspoons of capers and a tablespoon of butter to the fry pan. Toss in the mushrooms and heat for a minute or 2.

Put 1 or 2 of the chicken breast pieces on a plate and spoon some of the sauce and mushrooms over them. I serve this with rice and broccoli. Family goes nuts over this one.

Bon appetite!

Gonzo

3/4 Century of Trivia
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Sounds good, John,

I love a good fungus. I recommend you don't salt the 'shrooms until they are finished cooking, and liberally use garlic while sauteeing.

I make some chicken mole last night. The mole I made last tuesday, and its flavor improved while in the reefer. The boneless, skinless chicken was frozen and sliced about 3/8" thick, cooked in a pan full of garlic and onion, and lots of fresh marjoram, rosemary, and thyme. Give it a try.

gonzo

OP
OP
John Anthony

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Sounds good. Our family dining has evolved to the point where we'd rather have a good meal at home than hit a restaurant, unless it's something really special. Since I do the majority of the cooking, I'm always looking for good recipes, especially the healthy ones.

John

Gonzo

3/4 Century of Trivia
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Well, John,
Check out this one:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_32808,00.html

Generally in the evening if I have time to sit down I'll watch the food channel. Usually I get excited over something so I print out the recipe.

I used to be a big Emeril Lagasse fan, but his stuff always costs a lot of money to make.

Now my favorites are Alton Brown closely followed by Rachael Ray.

gonzo

Sink

TwiSTieholic
Bike
ST 1100
STOC #
Sounds good, John.. but don't you think it would be better if you started with a pound of BACON and then cooked the mushrooms and chicken breasts in BACON "drippings"?????? Then crumble the BACON over all when done cooking????? Just trying to help!

Top Bottom