Undertaker Motorcycle Trailing System

Bike
'05 ST1300
I was searching for motorcycle trailers when a came across this web page for the "Undertaker Motorcycle Trailing System". It's a towing system that boasts it can be used to tow your motorcycle for short trips and also extended cross country trips.

Has anyone used or know someone who has used this product (or something similar)? I'd like to know if it a good alternative to putting my bike on a trailer for an out of state trip.

Here is the link:

http://www.undertakermts.com/

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
that is very cool looking and easy to deal with. I just wonder if its OK on a shaft drive bike like the ST ??
I don't ever plan on "trailering" anywhere, but this would be a great way to rescue myself if my bike broke down somewhere.
(My wife could bring my truck and this and come get me :) )

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
One issue I see with these would be lack of oil pumping with bike not running could cause transmission issues. With a shaft drive bike - not so sure it's a good idea.

Gonzo

3/4 Century of Trivia
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I've seen this kind of thing many times. Even with a chain drive, it is a good idea to disconnect the chain while towing. Should the bike somehow get shifted into a gear while towing it could be catastrophic.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I've seen this kind of thing many times. Even with a chain drive, it is a good idea to disconnect the chain while towing. Should the bike somehow get shifted into a gear while towing it could be catastrophic.
thats what I was thinking when I was watching the CBR "man if anything got hung in that chain, he would be dragging this bike allright!!)

Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #
I used to tow my Yamaha 360 enduro occasionally with my version of this device. No issues.

Never with the chain hooked up, the trans will starve for oil on most bikes w/o the engine running, turning the trans gears, moving oil.

I love the misspellings and this quote: "stop the pain, suffering, and humiliation" (Of trailering) hahaha
I certainly don't care what anyone thinks of trailering and I know my bikes seem to love their little house;

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
It does specifically state in the owners manual that your should NOT tow in a 'free wheeling' capacity. It doesn't specify why.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I love the misspellings and this quote: "stop the pain, suffering, and humiliation" (Of trailering)
Hah! It's all of the pain, suffering and humiliation of trailering without the trailer!

--Mark

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I rigged up a DIY poor-boy version of this idea some 30+ years ago to tow my RD400 behind my station wagon. My "system" required removing the front wheel to secure the forks to a trailer hitch in a manner that allowed it to pivot up and down, and used tie-down straps from the bar ends to the car's bumper. The bike's chain had a master link, so it was easy to remove the chain from the rear sprocket prior to the trip and reconnect after arrival at my destination. It worked like a charm, virtually no wear on the rear tire, though it was only towed a few hundred miles.

That said, I wouldn't even consider towing a shaft-driven bike in this manner - much too much at $take likely to suffer expen$ive damage. I have a single-rail motorcycle trailer now that hasn't been used in over 15 years - I've got to clean it up, put new tires on it and try to sell it one of these days...

Don

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
I rigged up a DIY poor-boy version of this idea some 30+ years ago to tow my RD400 behind my station wagon. My "system" required removing the front wheel to secure the forks to a trailer hitch in a manner that allowed it to pivot up and down, and used tie-down straps from the bar ends to the car's bumper. The bike's chain had a master link, so it was easy to remove the chain from the rear sprocket prior to the trip and reconnect after arrival at my destination. It worked like a charm, virtually no wear on the rear tire, though it was only towed a few hundred miles.

That said, I wouldn't even consider towing a shaft-driven bike in this manner - much too much at likely to suffer expen damage. I have a single-rail motorcycle trailer now that hasn't been used in over 15 years - I've got to clean it up, put new tires on it and try to sell it one of these days...

Don
neccesity, the mother of invention

Top Bottom